Synonym: Department of Education, Education, Education Department, breeding, didactics, educational activity, instruction, pedagogy, teaching, training. Similar words: educational, location, educate, medication, indication, educator, application, publication. Meaning: [‚edjuː'keɪʃn] n. 1. the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill 2. knowledge acquired by learning and instruction 3. the gradual process of acquiring knowledge 4. the profession of teaching (especially at a school or college or university) 5. the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior) 6. the United States federal department that administers all federal programs dealing with education (including federal aid to educational institutions and students); created 1979.
Random good picture Not show
3. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
10. In education we are striving not to teach youth to make a living[sentencedict.com], but to make a life.
12. Every person has two education, one which he receives from others, and one, more important, which he gives himself.
14. Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive ; easy to govern but imposible to slave.
16. Education is a admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing worth knowing can be taught.
17. Education commences at the mother's knee, andevery word spoken within the hearsay of children tends towards the formation of character.
18. Let early education be a sort of a musement; you will then be bette able to find out the natural bent.
19. Education is a good investment.
20. The government aims to improve public services, especially education.
21. That must be someone from the Ministry of Education.
22. The government has budgeted $ 2,000,000 for education spending.
23. He challenged the orthodox views on education.
24. The average salary is correlated with length of education.
25. Is he sound on state education?
26. She had the advantage of a good education.
27. We've spent a lot on the children's education.
28. I have long since abandoned the notion that higher education is essential to either success or happiness. Hot houses of learning do not always grow anything edible.
More similar words: educational, location, educate, medication, indication, educator, application, publication, implication, communication, esterification, identification, telecommunications, reduction, production, introduction, nation, national, relation, zonation, donation, operation, equation, formation, radiation, isolation, sensation, variation, inflation, summation.