Synonym: issue, publishing. Similar words: implication, application, Republican, public, republic, in public, publicly, publicity. Meaning: [‚pʌblɪ'keɪʃn] n. 1. a copy of a printed work offered for distribution 2. the act of issuing printed materials 3. the communication of something to the public; making information generally known 4. the business of issuing printed matter for sale or distribution.
Random good picture Not show
1. The brochure will be ready for publication in September.
2. The book is scheduled for publication in the autumn.
3. Publication dates are given in brackets after each title.
4. Congress has approved a new publication law.
5. The government has delayed publication of the trade figures.
6. The publication of his book will be next month.
7. It was clear, even before publication, that the book would be a success.
8. The government has decided that the publication of the report would be 'contrary to the public interest'.
9. He saw the publication of this book as an embarrassing invasion of his privacy.
10. She was in England for the publication of her new book.
11. His manuscript has already been accepted for publication.
12. The editor pared down an essay for publication.
13. Some magazines pay on acceptance, others on publication.
14. This book is ready for publication.
15. Our latest publication is a magazine for health enthusiasts.
16. The publication of this work lifted our hopes.
17. Her first novel was finally accepted for publication.
18. The government tried to stop publication of the book.
19. Unauthorized reproduction of this publication is strictly forbidden.
20. The Senate blocked publication of the report.
20. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
21. Her latest publication is a fine piece of scholarship.
22. There has been a delay in the book's publication.
23. Congress has approved the new publication laws.
24. He spent his holiday writing reviews for publication.
25. My article has been accepted for publication.
26. All reports are vetted before publication.
27. Everyone is very busy during the run-up to publication.
28. The family is seeking an injunction against the book's publication.
29. The guide is being translated into several languages for publication near Christmas.
30. The English version of the novel is due for publication next year.
More similar words: implication, application, Republican, public, republic, in public, publicly, publicity, indication, medication, communication, identification, esterification, the general public, telecommunications, obligation, education, location, educational, publisher, publish, delicate, complicated, nation, operation, donation, equation, national, zonation, formation.