Synonym: continue, endure, go on, last, persevere, prevail, stay. Antonym: desist. Similar words: Persian, version, ever since, diversity, conversion, controversial, resist, subsist. Meaning: [pər'sɪst /pə's-] v. 1. continue to exist 2. be persistent, refuse to stop 3. stay behind.
Random good picture Not show
(2) If you persist, you will annoy them even more.
(3) Despite official denials, the rumours still persist.
(4) If symptoms persist, consult a doctor without delay.
(5) Existential questions requir-ing religious answers still persist.
(6) Why do you persist in blaming yourself for what happened?
(7) Strength shows, not only in the ability to persist, but the ability to start over.
(8) If you persist in upsetting her, I will have to punish you.
(9) If the symptoms persist, seek medical advice.
(10) If the symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
(11) The bad weather will persist all over the country.
(12) When I set my mind to something[sentencedict.com], I persist.
(13) He will persist in riding that dreadful bicycle.
(14) His strength of will enabled him to persist.
(15) This situation cannot be allowed to persist.
(16) Fog will persist throughout the night.
(17) If symptoms persist(sentencedict.com), consult your doctor.
(18) The cold weather is set to persist throughout the week.
(19) He urged the United States to persist with its efforts to bring about peace.
(20) If you persist in doing that you will end up in trouble.
(21) Britons persist in treating any pay rise of less than 5% as a slap in the face.
(22) Politicians persist in imagining that "the people" warm to their cheesy slogans.
(23) If symptoms persist for more than a few days, see a doctor.
(24) Environmental pressures encourage genes with certain mutations to persist and others to die out.
(25) Most of them persist in setting strict demands on themselves.
(26) But he did not persist with it.
(27) Mr Straw issued a stern warning to those who persist in violence.
(28) Even in this day and age the old attitudes persist.
(29) Alcohol and tobacco consumption by young people is especially worrisome because habits formed early are likely to persist.
(30) Why did this chronic shortage of rural council housing persist?
More similar words: Persian, version, ever since, diversity, conversion, controversial, resist, subsist, assist, insist, consist, assist in, assistant, consist of, consist in, assistance, consistent, resistance, consistently, as is, crisis, hers, emphasis, others, analysis, person, hypothesis, diagnosis, paralysis, ever so.