Synonym: adjunct, help, helper, supporter. Similar words: assistance, assist, assist in, distant, resistance, instant, constant, instantly. Meaning: [-tənt] n. a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose. adj. of or relating to a person who is subordinate to another.
Random good picture Not show
1. She is assistant to a professor.
2. The president will accredit you as his assistant.
3. My assistant will now demonstrate the machine in action.
4. I'll ask my personal assistant to deal with this.
5. The shop assistant is very zealous.
6. She was taken on as a laboratory assistant.
7. He has recently been promoted to Assistant Manager.
8. Kalan called his assistant, Hashim, to take over while he went out.
9. They need an assistant who is willing to stay for six months.
10. He needs an assistant.
11. The assistant carried on talking to his mate, name-dropping all the famous riders he knew.
12. An observant shop assistant had remembered exactly what the man was wearing.
13. The manager assistant came here to execute a few small commissions for the manager.
14. He was stopped at the airport by an assistant superintendent of police.
14. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
15. She works as a care assistant in an old people's home.
16. She has long been hoping to become the assistant manager.
17. A sharp-eyed shop assistant spotted the fake.
18. He was degraded from director to assistant director.
19. You are suited to be my assistant.
20. That sales assistant was positively rude to me!
21. I am the formal leader of the project but the everyday management is in the hands of my assistant.
22. She had earlier resigned her post as President Menem's assistant.
23. I can't attend the meeting but I'll send my assistant in my stead.
24. I am pleased to tell you that your application for the post of Assistant Editor has been successful.
25. He deputed the running of the department to an assistant.
26. Rumours are going round about Mr Mason and his assistant.
27. My job is somewhere between a secretary and a personal assistant.
28. I gave the report to what's-her-name - the new marketing assistant.
29. He has been relegated to the position of an assistant coach.
30. I have been relegated to the role of a mere assistant.
More similar words: assistance, assist, assist in, distant, resistance, instant, constant, instantly, distance, substantial, substantially, in the distance, subsist, insist, resist, persist, assign, stand, consist, classic, massive, classify, consist in, consist of, stand by, stand for, stand up, stand out, stance, classical.