Synonym: brutal, cruel, ferocious, raging, savage, vicious, violent, wild. Antonym: gentle, meek, quiet. Similar words: per cent, perceive, perceived, percentage, perception, field, carrier, barrier. Meaning: [fɪrs /fɪəs] adj. 1. marked by extreme and violent energy 2. marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid 3. ruthless in competition 4. violently agitated and turbulent.
Random good picture Not show
2. There was some fierce fighting.
3. She spoke in a fierce whisper.
4. He may look fierce, but he means no harm.
5. The fire gave out a fierce heat.
6. The girl backed away from the fierce dog.
7. They have a fierce pride in their traditions.
8. Two fierce eyes glared at them.
9. There was fierce combat between the two sides.
10. Two men were shot during fierce fighting last weekend.
11. There was fierce fighting in the city.
12. The troops were exhausted after months of fierce combat.
13. The house is guarded by a fierce dog.
14. A cornered cat becomes as fierce as a lion.
15. Some students riot in fierce argument.
16. They look like the teeth of some fierce animal.
17. The army met with fierce opposition in every town.
18. He was frightened of the fierce dog.
19. Who was that fierce old lady?
20. We are faced with fierce competition.
21. The sun beat down with fierce intensity.
22. There's been some fierce competition for the title.
23. She gave me a fierce glare.
24. But he has sustained his fierce social conscience from young adulthood through old age.
25. The famous boxer killed a fierce wolf with his bare hands.
25. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
26. The soil is baked dry by the fierce heat of the sun.
27. He suddenly looked fierce.
28. After a few hours of fierce fighting[sentencedict.com], we saw the intruding bandits off.
29. The plans have already come in for fierce criticism in many quarters of the country.
30. Despite fierce competition she made a gallant effort to win the first medal of the championships.
More similar words: per cent, perceive, perceived, percentage, perception, field, carrier, barrier, supplier, frontier, force, source, percolate, merchant, enforce, by force, in force, commercial, resource, reinforce, at the mercy of, overcrowded, for certain, under control, enforcement.