Synonym: palsy. Similar words: analysis, analyst, analyses, parade, comparable, reparation, separation, physics. Meaning: [pə'rælɪsɪs] n. loss of the ability to move a body part.
Random good picture Not show
1. An attack of paralysis seized him.
2. The snake's venom induces instant paralysis.
3. Poison from the weaver fish causes paralysis, swelling, and nausea.
4. The disease mostly affects people over 50, causing paralysis and uncontrollable tremors.
5. The disease results in creeping paralysis.
6. Some nervous disorders can produce paralysis.
7. The strike caused total paralysis in the city.
8. The snake's poison causes paralysis.
9. The paralysis affects his right leg and he can only walk with difficulty.
10. Its effects on the nervous system include weakness, paralysis, and tingling in the hands and feet.
11. Strike leaders claimed "almost complete paralysis" in the ports and mines.
12. The paralysis of the leadership leaves the army without its supreme command.
13. A miscalculation could cause blindness or paralysis.
14. Such injuries can cause permanent paralysis.
15. They did not, as hoped[sentencedict.com], prevent or cure paralysis.
16. This is one aspect of our fatalism and paralysis.
17. Her left arm still dangled in painful paralysis.
18. Injected when the animal.bites, the saliva causes paralysis.
19. The Communist Party's paralysis is one factor, but the prime responsibility lies with Labour's manic political caution.
20. To prevent certain paralysis they needed to perform a series of operations to graft a spinal vertebra.
21. In one, his incision caused paralysis of the right limbs; in the other he caused deafness.
22. Geographical paralysis becomes a bitter metaphor for their entire existence.
23. Trade follies In different ways, paralysis in monetary and fiscal policy played a critical role in 1929-39.
24. He had been crippled by a rare type of paralysis spreading from his ankle.
25. There was nothing the doctors could do to give me back the use of my legs. The paralysis was complete and irreversible.sentencedict.com
26. But poor reading is not at the core of the paralysis they feel.
27. The poignancy in this kiss on her warm lips nearly induced instant paralysis on every sense of her body.
28. And a stroke that suddenly killed perhaps 30 percent of the neurons in the motor strip would also cause paralysis.
29. Visiting the supermarket might have been a transforming moment for Alexei, a way of easing his contempt and shattering his paralysis.
30. This is implied by the dyspraxia that sometimes occurs in frontal or parietal lobe disease in the absence of paralysis.
More similar words: analysis, analyst, analyses, parade, comparable, reparation, separation, physics, analyze, physically, physician, analyzing, Arab, garage, as far as, as is, far and away, oral, rally, far and near, in so far as, clear away, bearable, rural, insist, resist, persist, assist, subsist, crisis.