Synonym: conjecture, guess, possibility, speculation, supposition, surmisal, surmise, theory. Similar words: on the spot, hesitate, on the side, resist, resistance, hyper, potato, potentially. Meaning: [haɪ'pɑθɪsɪs / -'pɒθ-] n. 1. a proposal intended to explain certain facts or observations 2. a tentative theory about the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena 3. a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.
Random good picture Not show
1. Let me enumerate many flaws in your hypothesis.
2. She wrote something to summarize her hypothesis.
3. The researcher sets up experiments to test the hypothesis.
4. Scientists have proposed a bold hypothesis.
5. One hypothesis is that the victim fell asleep while driving.
6. The results confirmed his hypothesis on the use of modal verbs.
7. We hope that further research will confirm our hypothesis.
8. We have proved the hypothesis.
9. All this is mere hypothesis.
10. These observations appear to support our working hypothesis.
11. Her hypothesis concerns the role of electromagnetic radiation.
12. The theory is based on the hypothesis that all men are born equal.
13. It is possible to make a hypothesis on the basis of this graph.
14. A hypothesis is tested by finding experimental evidence for it.
15. Work will now begin to test the hypothesis in rats.
16. We have a working theory/hypothesis about what caused the crash, which we shall test.
16. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and create good sentences.
17. Clearly, the hypothesis does need some refinement, in the light of these surprising results.
18. The hypothesis predicts that children will perform better on task A than on task B.
19. The authors reject the hypothesis about unemployment contributing to crime.
20. Her study is based on the hypothesis that language simplification is possible.
21. Any evidence that exists to support the hypothesis is fairly weak.
22. The statistics to prove or disprove his hypothesis will take years to collect.
23. According to the hypothesis of some economists, increased wages may give rist to the high cost of living.
24. There is no direct evidence of the prion hypothesis.
25. The hypothesis can therefore be tested by clock-shifting experiments.
26. Do our results confirm this hypothesis?
27. The magnetic hypothesis of homing is not yet confirmed.
28. Some epidemiological studies support the Fathalla hypothesis.
29. Even casual observation makes this hypothesis improbable.
30. Dr Lee set up a series of experiments to test out this hypothesis.
More similar words: on the spot, hesitate, on the side, resist, resistance, hyper, potato, potentially, these, chest, catches, all the same, the same as, as is, resign, beside, design, just the same, for the sake of, besides, designs, assist, subsist, persist, crisis, insist, in the shape of, designer, design for, resident.