Synonym: colonist, forerunner, leader, settler. Similar words: pioneering, engineer, engineering, champion, championship, need, knee, kneel. Meaning: [‚paɪə'nɪr /-'nɪə] n. 1. someone who helps to open up a new line of research or technology or art 2. one the first colonists or settler in a new territory. v. 1. open up an area or prepare a way 2. take the lead or initiative in; participate in the development of 3. open up and explore a new area.
Random good picture Not show
1. John Whitney was a pioneer of computer animation.
2. The scientists of the country pioneer in cleaning up harbour water.
3. Hardy mosses sometimes pioneer on uncolonized rock surfaces.
4. He was a pioneer in the field of biotechnology.
5. He is a pioneer in modern medical practice.
6. She was a suffragette and a birth control pioneer.
7. a pioneer of pragmatism.
8. A heavy stockade around the cabin protected the pioneer from attack.
9. I never once thought about being a pioneer.
10. Mr Duesberg is a pioneer inthe discovery of retroviruses and is still a world authority on the subject.
11. These pioneer clinics, which numbered only sixteen even by 1930, had treated only 21,000 women by that time.
12. Robey was a pioneer who gave black talent a shot, a black surviving in a racist industry.
13. Finally, he shows off the pioneer wagon, a huge lumbering cart drawn by oxen.
14. It has exploited the internet to pioneer a model of global activism.
15. The Pioneer and Voyager probes of the 1970s hinted that Jupiter probably had no solid surface at all.
16. Pioneer and Sony also expect to ship players in the second half of the year.
17. She was a pioneer in the development of working-class housing in the second half of the nineteenth century.
18. Already the Pioneer Electronics Corporation has disregarded its lifetime employment policy by demanding that 35 mid-level managers accept early retirement.
19. I was not a pioneer of part time senior registrar training in Wessex: several people were already in post.
20. Geometry Blaster is from the Davidson company, a pioneer in educational software.
21. Morton was also a pioneer in coil coatings and its industrial coating group is a leading supplier.
22. Six alien companies of the Pioneer Corps accompanied the allied invasion.
23. Draper was a pioneer in the development of inertial navigation systems.
24. The one minor gripe I have is that the Pioneer doesn't have mudguards.
25. Nor is the Thames/BBC project likely to be beset by the teething troubles which plagued the pioneer satellite broadcasters.
26. It was these immigrants who did so much for the pioneer areas and young industries.
26. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
27. Alfred Wegener was a keen thinker and a daring pioneer.
28. While child care could still weigh us down, it always helped to feel like a pioneer.
29. I was not altogether unhappy at the Publicity Printers during those early pioneer days.
30. This book is a first-hand account of the most tremendous enlargement of astronomical science, written by its foremost pioneer.