Synonym: accent, importance, insistence, stress. Similar words: emphasize, as is, phase, elephant, employ, empire, temple, preempt. Meaning: ['emfəsɪs] n. 1. special importance or significance 2. intensity or forcefulness of expression 3. special and significant stress by means of position or repetition e.g. 4. the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch).
Random good picture Not show
1. Too much emphasis is placed on research.
2. Morality was the emphasis of his speech.
3. Some schools put/lay/place great emphasis on language study.
4. Teachers have expressed concern about the emphasis on testing.
5. In Japan there is a lot of emphasis on politeness.
6. You always put too much emphasis on the last syllable.
7. The emphasis has shifted markedly in recent years.
8. The emphasis is on the final syllable.
9. Words are sometimes italicized for emphasis.
10. Put the emphasis on the second syllable.
11. Our company puts the emphasis on quality.
12. She repeated the question with emphasis.
13. 'I', he said with great emphasis, 'was the one'.
14. The Democrats shifted the emphasis away from direct taxation.
15. Increased emphasis is now being placed on corporate image.
16. The company lays great emphasis on customer care.
17. Particular emphasis will be placed on oral language training.
18. The company places a lot of emphasis on training.
19. The emphasis here is on hard work, not enjoyment.
20. The emphasis should be on the first syllable.
21. The party places great emphasis on family values.
22. The emphasis should be shifted more towards Parliament.
23. The course has a vocational emphasis.
23. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
24. The emphasis now is on recycling household waste .
25. The course places emphasis on practical work.
26. Great emphasis is placed on education.
27. She placed the emphasis on the word 'soon'.
28. The school puts a lot of emphasis on teaching children to read and write.
29. His slight emphasis on the word "Lady" was definitely mocking.
30. Examine the events leading to the war, with particular emphasis on France's role in them.
More similar words: emphasize, as is, phase, elephant, employ, empire, temple, preempt, employee, employer, as if, Asian, aside, basic, exempt from, employment, casino, crisis, as it is, insist, subsist, persist, assist, resist, contretemps, contemplate, consist, unemployment, contemporary, lay aside.