Synonym: notice, observance, reflection, reflexion, watching. Similar words: reservation, conservation, conservative, observe, observer, innovation, at intervals, intervention. Meaning: [‚ɑbzər'veɪʃn /‚ɒbzə-] n. 1. the act of making and recording a measurement 2. the act of observing; taking a patient look 3. facts learned by observing 4. the act of noticing or paying attention 5. a remark expressing careful consideration.
Random good picture Not show
1. Observation is the best teacher.
2. Facts can be established by observation and experiment.
3. In hospital she'll be under observation all the time.
4. She was admitted to hospital for observation.
5. His powers of observation were uncanny.
6. The new breed is under observation.
7. We managed to escape observation .
8. The suspect is being kept under observation .
9. A scientist's observation should be very good.
10. She has outstanding powers of observation .
11. She was undernourished, an observation that prompted yet another unasked question.
12. Bloomfield's approach to linguistics was based on observation of the language.
13. Keep him under observation.
14. Most information was collected by direct observation of the animals' behaviour.
15. May I make an observation?
16. The police are keeping the suspect under observation.
17. She has good powers of observation.
18. He smiled, and made some observation about the weather.
19. She is a student of keen observation.
19. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
20. Did you keep him under observation?
21. The astronomers were taking an observation of Jupiter.
22. Careful observation suggests that this is not the case.
23. He employs an irreverent humour to salt his observation.
24. The diaries are a mixture of confession and observation.
25. She employed an irreverent humor to salt her observation.
26. Art classes help develop children's powers of observation .
27. He was under observation by the police.
28. They kept her in overnight for observation.
29. 'You're wearing a tie!' 'Full marks for observation.'
More similar words: reservation, conservation, conservative, observe, observer, innovation, at intervals, intervention, nation, location, equation, zonation, operation, relation, donation, formation, education, national, violation, variation, isolation, migration, situation, radiation, sensation, allegation, summation, inflation, medication, obligation.