Synonym: case, condition, location, place, position, whereabouts. Similar words: equation, graduation, evaluation, position, institution, constitution, transition, opposition. Meaning: [‚sɪtjʊ'eɪʃn] n. 1. the general state of things; the combination of circumstances at a given time 2. a condition or position in which you find yourself 3. a complex or critical or unusual difficulty 4. physical position in relation to the surroundings 5. a job in an organization.
Random good picture Not show
1. The situation could get quite dangerous.
2. It is interesting to compare their situation and ours.
3. The situation called for considerable tact.
4. Whether we can stay in this situation is debatable.
5. The situation required that he be present.
6. They analysed the situation very closely.
7. He's becoming increasingly exasperated with the situation.
8. Journalists are reporting that the situation has now normalized.
9. The political situation has grown increasingly oppressive.
10. The situation was getting quite frightening.
11. He has had an acute analysis of the situation.
12. It was an altogether different situation.
13. Ellen seemed amused by the whole situation.
14. This is a very perceptive assessment of the situation.
15. I will be discussing the situation with colleagues tomorrow.
16. That was an embarrassing situation for me.
17. Stop whingeing about the situation and accept it.
18. Stress and lack of sleep can aggravate the situation.
19. How did he wriggle out of the awkward situation?
20. These events will greatly complicate the situation.
21. The president laughed off the awkward situation.
22. By midweek,[sentencedict.com](sentence dictionary) the situation had become worrying.
23. Be patient and the situation may resolve itself.
24. Is that a fair summary of the situation?
25. The police were in complete control of the situation.
26. The situation in the streets was turning/growing ugly.
27. He cannot grasp the realities of the situation.
28. The situation is not what they purport to be.
29. The market situation is difficult to evaluate.
More similar words: equation, graduation, evaluation, position, institution, constitution, transition, opposition, composition, institutional, acquisition, constitutional, nation, formation, operation, donation, national, education, location, relation, zonation, variation, summation, isolation, allegation, inflation, migration, sensation, violation, radiation.