Synonym: infringement, interference, intrusion. Similar words: invention, convention, prevention, conventional, interaction, international, interpretation, a bone of contention. Meaning: [‚ɪntə(r)'venʃn] n. 1. the act of intervening (as to mediate a dispute) 2. a policy of intervening in the affairs of other countries 3. (law) a proceeding that permits a person to enter into a lawsuit already in progress; admission of person not an original party to the suit so that person can protect some right or interest that is allegedly affected by the proceedings.
Random good picture Not show
1. Only the intervention of powerful friends obtained her release.
2. Military intervention will only aggravate the conflict even further.
3. A full-scale riot was prevented by the timely intervention of the police.
4. China has registered a protest over foreign intervention.
5. He had timed his intervention well.
6. Military intervention is highly undesirable.
7. The government's intervention in this dispute will not help.
8. Such conditions may be amenable to medical intervention.
9. They remain fiercely opposed to outside intervention.
10. The government's intervention was badly mistimed.
11. And did your intervention produce the desired result?
12. I was grateful for your timely intervention.
13. Both countries say their intervention is purely humanitarian.
14. Republicans have been howling for military intervention.
15. They have accepted the necessity of greater state intervention.
16. He was furious at this intervention from the press.
17. His intervention brought their quarrel to a climax.
18. We would resist any armed intervention from outside in our country's affairs.
19. The council recently drew fire for its intervention in the dispute.
20. The prime minister was always demanding active intervention early on.
20. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
21. The border dispute was used as a pretext for military intervention.
22. Many people felt he would be hostile to the idea of foreign intervention.
23. He may not worship at the altar of government intervention in business(sentencedict.com), but he is in favour of limited support for industry.
24. The development programme has been halted in its tracks by this intervention.
25. The government needs to clearly state its policy on UN intervention.
26. The king saw this victory as the direct result of divine intervention.
27. Disagreements threatened to wreck the peace talks, but the president's intervention saved the situation.
28. Hospitals were built as a result of private philanthropy and government intervention.
29. The paper has done much to tilt American public opinion in favour of intervention.
30. But in order to maintain a credible threat of intervention, we have to maintain a credible alliance.
More similar words: invention, convention, prevention, conventional, interaction, international, interpretation, a bone of contention, interval, interview, at intervals, enter into, at regular intervals, mention, integration, attention, not to mention, pay attention to, identification, entertainment, painter, intent, Internet, interest, interact, interior, internal, center, interfere, in terms of.