Synonym: preservation. Similar words: conservative, observation, reservation, consideration, innovation, conditions, consumption, constitution. Meaning: [‚kɒnsə'veɪʃn] n. 1. an occurrence of improvement by virtue of preventing loss or injury or other change 2. the preservation and careful management of the environment and of natural resources 3. (physics) the maintenance of a certain quantities unchanged during chemical reactions or physical transformations.
Random good picture Not show
1. The lake was recently designated a conservation area.
2. There is a need for the conservation of trees.
3. This proposal will incense conservation campaigners.
4. There is a need for the conservation of trees, or there will soon be no forests.
5. The new road will cut through a conservation area.
6. Some accommodation between conservation and tourism is essential.
7. Development is not normally permitted in conservation areas.
8. Profits are channelled to conservation groups.
9. She is interested in conservation.
10. Soil conservation is intended to kurb erosion.
11. The benefits of conservation are both financial and aesthetic.
12. No new building is permitted in conservation areas.
13. He is founding director of The Conservation Foundation.
14. Even well-meaning attempts at conservation can bring problems.
15. WWF is internationally respected for its conservation work.
16. In these conservation - conscious times, areas of grassland are no longer expendable.
17. Cheaper energy conservation techniques have been put into operation in the developed world.
18. There is a strong case for an energy conservation programme.
19. Then he began his most famous work, the conservation and rebinding of the Book of Kells.
20. Environmental conservation generally works in favour of maintaining the status quo.
21. Energy conservation reduces your fuel bills and helps the environment.
22. The Medway estuary is recognized internationally as a conservation area.
23. The zoo is doing major conservation work, both in captivity and in the field.
24. The conservation of tropical forests is of crucial importance .
25. Recycling is an important part of the conservation of resources.
26. Conservation groups have united in protest against the planned new road.
26. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
27. My father's life work was devoted to the conservation of the Longleat estate.
28. Road development in the area has been severely affected by the conservation programmes of the council.
29. The district is under consideration for designation as a conservation area.
30. The outcome will be seen as a litmus test of government concern for conservation issues.
More similar words: conservative, observation, reservation, consideration, innovation, conditions, consumption, constitution, construction, relationship, demonstration, constitutional, conversation, confrontation, concentration, telecommunications, at intervals, consent, consensus, consequence, in consequence, consecutive, consequently, intervention, munitions, nation, equation, zonation, operation, location.