Synonym: demo, manifestation, monstrance, presentation, presentment. Similar words: demonstrate, frustration, administration, construction, consideration, concentration, democratic, constraint. Meaning: [‚demən'streɪʃn] n. 1. a show or display; the act of presenting something to sight or view 2. a show of military force or preparedness 3. a public display of group feelings (usually of a political nature) 4. proof by a process of argument or a series of proposition proving an asserted conclusion 5. a visual presentation showing how something works.
Random good picture Not show
1. Riot police broke up a demonstration by students.
2. The demonstration broke up in tumult.
3. The professor will give a demonstration in class.
4. Rubber bullets were used to break up the demonstration.
5. Police opened fire on a peaceful demonstration.
6. The organisers of the demonstration concede that they hadn't sought permission for it.
7. This demonstration was a symptom of discontent among the students.
8. Police used tear gas to break up a demonstration.
9. We're going to a cookery demonstration tonight.
10. There was a huge police presence at the demonstration.
11. The demonstration passed without incident.
12. The demonstration lasted from dawn till dusk.
13. The police were present at the demonstration in force.
14. There was a strong police presence throughout the demonstration.
15. The law was/were out in force at the demonstration.
16. We provide demonstration of videoconferencing over the Internet.
17. The demonstration was carefully orchestrated to attract maximum publicity.
18. The demonstration involved 200 students.
19. Her early release from prison led to a demonstration.
20. There was a strong police presence at the demonstration.
21. Supporters staged a demonstration outside the US embassy.
22. Police in riot gear dispersed the demonstration.
22. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
23. Taxi drivers staged a demonstration against the new law.
24. The main demonstration passed off peacefully.
25. The police were much in evidence at today's demonstration.
26. Police broke up the demonstration.
27. Over 2000 people were in attendance at yesterday's demonstration.
28. The demonstration passed off peacefully.
29. Violence erupted after police shot a student during the demonstration.
30. There were over 100 police on duty at the demonstration.
More similar words: demonstrate, frustration, administration, construction, consideration, concentration, democratic, constraint, administrative, instruction, constitution, operation, instructional, constitutional, installation, migration, separation, AND operation, reparation, corporation, celebration, integration, exploration, immigration, translation, conservation, relationship, collaboration, generation gap, transformation.