1. A good beginning is half
2. A maid that laughs is half
3. A bold attempt is half
4. He who wills success is half
way to it.
5. Better be half
hanged than ill wed.
6. A good beginning is half
7. A disease known is half
a loaf is better then no bread.
9. First impressions are half
10. The first step is as good as half
11. The first blow is half
a loaf is better than no bread.
13. To know the disease is half
14. Better half
an egg than empty shell.
a tale is enough for a wise man.
16. A fault confessed is half
17. A danger foreseen is half
18. Knowledge without practice makes but half
19. Well begun is half done.
20. One half
of the world does not know how the other half lives.
the world knows not how the other half lives.
22. Keep your eyes wide open before marriage,(sentencedict.com/half
.html) and half shut afterwards.
23. Spoil (or Lose) the ship for half
penny worth of tar.
24. A man without a friend is only half
a tale [word] is enough for a wise man.
26. Believe not all that you see nor half
what you hear.
28. Nothing for nothing and very little for a half
29. They're selling off last year's stock at half price.
30. To feel that one has a place in life solves half
the problem of content.
1. I half regretted having left the work unfinished.
2. The Japanese recycle more than half their waste paper.
3. A stroke paralysed half his face.
4. She sawed the plank in half.
5. It wastes energy to run the dishwasher half empty.
6. They finished the house within half a year.
7. I have a half dollar but no smaller coins.
8. All the flags were at half mast .
9. The first half of the game was pretty dull.
10. We'll need to reduce the weight by half.
11. They maintained a breathless pace for half an hour.
12. The theatre was half empty.
13. The performance finally started half an hour late.
14. I've divided the money in half.
15. A large wave swept away half the sandcastle.
16. Fill a pan half full of water.
17. Almost half the group had previously been heavy smokers.
18. First, fold the paper in half / in two.
19. Half the garrison is / are on duty.
20. Goods with slight defects are sold at half price.
21. She could only pay half the amount.
22. The exam lasted an hour and a half.
23. The second half of the book is more exciting.
24. The chairman spoke for half an hour at the meeting.
25. Visitors have complained about the scaffolding that shrouds half the castle.
26. Their farm has been reduced to half its former size.
27. One unit of alcohol is equal to half a pint of beer.
28. I looked back, half expecting to see someone following me.
29. Jones was ordered off in the second half after repeated fouls.
30. Half of those who went east seem to have landed up in southern India.