Synonym: affect, arrive at, bat, blow, clout, come upon, crack, discover, find, impress, knock, meet, poke, punch, reach, slug, smack, sock, strike, success, swat, whack. Antonym: miss. Similar words: shit, white, whither, chitosan, architect, the White House, architecture. Meaning: [hɪt] n. 1. (baseball) a successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball) 2. the act of contacting one thing with another 3. a conspicuous success 4. (physics) an brief event in which two or more bodies come together 5. a dose of a narcotic drug 6. a murder carried out by an underworld syndicate 7. a connection made via the internet to another website. v. 1. cause to move by striking 2. hit against; come into sudden contact with 3. affect or afflict suddenly, usually adversely 4. deal a blow to, either with the hand or with an instrument 5. reach a destination, either real or abstract 6. reach a point in time, or a certain state or level 7. hit with a missile from a weapon 8. cause to experience suddenly 9. make a strategic, offensive, assault against an enemy, opponent, or a target 10. hit the intended target or goal 11. produce by manipulating keys or strings of musical instruments, also metaphorically 12. encounter by chance 13. gain points in a game 14. consume to excess 15. kill intentionally and with premeditation 16. drive something violently into a location 17. pay unsolicited and usually unwanted sexual attention to.
Random good picture Not show
3. He hit at the bull's-eye in one shot.
4. He hardly flinched when he was hit.
5. The car hit a tree or something.
6. She hit the nail with a sledgehammer.
7. The area was constantly hit by drought.
8. Keep down or you'll be hit by shell fragments.
9. He hit out at me before I did.
9. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
10. The pot shattered as it hit the floor.
11. Ann hit the sandbag with her fist.
12. That song was a hit last year.
13. He raised the hammer and hit the bell.
14. A missile hit the ship and sank it.
15. He hit against a person in the dark.
16. Never hit a man when he is down.
17. A new hit drama will be stagged next week.
18. The crowd cheered the winning hit.
19. You can't hit off the lid that way.
20. His head hit the floor with a dull thud.
21. Anna hit on a path to the pound.
22. The pain hit him and he blacked out.
23. She hit him with a rolled-up magazine.
24. In May a typhoon hit the Philippines.
25. In a frenzy of rage she hit him.
26. The bullet hit him in the chest.
27. He had been hit on the head.
28. The two trains hit each other end on.
29. The singer hit a real clinker.
30. He hit the woodwork twice before scoring.
More similar words: shit, white, whither, chitosan, architect, the White House, architecture.