Antonym: production,production. Similar words: assumption, bumptious, consume, consumer, conception, sumptuous, conditions, conservation. Meaning: [kən'sʌmpʃn] n. 1. the process of taking food into the body through the mouth (as by eating) 2. involving the lungs with progressive wasting of the body 3. (economics) the utilization of economic goods to satisfy needs or in manufacturing 4. the act of consuming something.
Random good picture Not show
1. Water consumption decreased during the winter.
2. The meat has been certified fit for human consumption.
3. Computers account for 5% of the country'scommercial electricity consumption.
4. The nation's consumption of coal decreased continuously last year.
5. Vigorous exercise increases oxygen consumption.
6. The meat was declared unfit for human consumption.
7. The food was declared unfit for human consumption.
8. Energy consumption rises as countries industrialise.
9. This food is not fit for human consumption.
10. Consumption of alcohol impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery.
11. It was an age of conspicuous consumption — those who had money liked to display it.
12. The petrol consumption of the big car as very high.
13. Annual consumption of wine has risen from five to eleven litres per head.
14. Production and consumption are inextricably tied together.
15. Gas and oil consumption always increases in cold weather.
16. China's austerity program has cut domestic consumption .
17. The food was unfit for human consumption.
18. Most of the wine was unfit for human consumption.
19. Half the small crop was kept for home consumption.
20. Cannabis consumption has increased sharply.
21. You need to reduce your alcohol consumption.
21. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
22. The Government wants to reduce tobacco consumption by 40%.
23. German domestic consumption buoyed the German economy.
24. We have measured the car's fuel consumption.
25. Marihuana consumption has increased sharply.
26. The food was not fit for human consumption.
27. Consumption of oil has declined in recent years.
28. In the developing world cigarette consumption is increasing.
29. The movie was not intended for public consumption.
30. The threat of global warming will eventually force the US to slow down its energy consumption.
More similar words: assumption, bumptious, consume, consumer, conception, sumptuous, conditions, conservation, constitution, construction, consideration, constitutional, consult, consensus, consultant, option, adoption, summation, reception, exception, perception, corruption, description, prescription, munitions, relationship, condition, demonstration, conviction, connection.