Synonym: action, energy, movement, inactivity. Similar words: productivity, sensitivity, activist, active, actively, attractive, active transport, levity. Meaning: [æk'tɪvətɪ] n. 1. any specific behavior 2. the state of being active 3. an organic process that takes place in the body 4. (chemistry) the capacity of a substance to take part in a chemical reaction 5. a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings) 6. the trait of being active; moving or acting rapidly and energetically.
Random good picture Not show
4. Everyone is free to engage in peaceful political activity.
5. The house has been full of activity all day.
6. The whole place was a scene of feverish activity.
7. He watched for signs of activity in the house.
8. The days that preceded were filled with activity.
9. He watched the house for signs of activity.
10. Cut down your overall amount of physical activity.
11. I learned to windsurf on an activity holiday.
12. Any form of physical activity will invalidate the results.
13. The threat of war has depressed business activity.
14. The manager's arrival galvanized the workers into activity.
15. Muscles contract and relax during physical activity.
16. The streets were noisy and full of activity.
17. Volcanic activity is highly episodic in nature.
18. Current economic activity is markedly slower than during the go-go years of the mid to late 1980s.
19. The classroom was full of activity; every child was busy.
20. There was a flurry of activity as the film star appeared on the balcony.
21. After weeks of frenetic activity[sentencedict.com], the job was finally finished.
22. Hours of feverish activity lay ahead. The tents had to be erected, the stalls set up.
23. There was a lot of activity in preparation for the Queen's visit.
24. The most normal and the most perfect human being is the one who most thoroughly addresses himself to the activity of his best powers,gives himself most thoroughly to the world around him,flings himself out into the midst of humanity,and is so preoccu pied by his own beneficent reaction on the world that he is practically unconscious of a sep arate existence...
25. Trying to please other people is largely a futile activity.
26. Some drugs can cause the inhibition of normal bodily activity.
27. These teachers have been cut off from the mainstream of educational activity.
28. The police have kept the nightclub under surveillance because of suspected illegal drug activity.
29. I had been running around southern England in a whirlwind of activity.
30. Docklands in its heyday was a major centre of industrial and commercial activity.
More similar words: productivity, sensitivity, activist, active, actively, attractive, active transport, levity, gravity, tactic, action, objective, detective, fraction, reaction, practice, collective, distinctive, perspective, protective, productive, practical, effectively, attraction, practically, take action, in practice, respectively, transaction, practitioner.