Synonym: constancy, stableness. Similar words: accountability, ability, liability, disability, capability, reliability, availability, flexibility. Meaning: [stə'bɪlətɪ] n. 1. the quality or attribute of being firm and steadfast 2. a stable order 3. the quality of being enduring and free from change or variation.
Random good picture Not show
1. The policy should bring greater monetary stability to the country.
2. It's not because of stability that someone wants to marry, but because of lack of stability.
3. I am confident that we can restore peace, stability and respect for the rule of law.
4. It was a time of political stability and progress.
5. That stability was embodied in the Gandhi family.
6. Political stability, meanwhile, will be a prime concern.
7. The central aim of this government is social stability.
8. These kids require a lot of structure and stability.
9. The country was enjoying a period of political stability.
10. The stability of affairs is very serious.
11. Widen your stance for greater stability when hitting the ball.
12. Companies are under pressure to trade off price stability for short-term gains.
13. It could threaten the peace and stability of the region.
14. A new threat to Bulgaria's stability is the week-old miners' strike for a trebling of minimum pay.
15. The conflict is becoming a threat to stability in the region.
16. The communists remain a potential menace to the stability of the government.
17. They hope the treaty will bring peace and stability to Southeast Asia.
18. She lacks emotional stability.
19. Greater international stability can surely only be to the good.
20. Stability only exists in the country because dissent has been suppressed.
21. Mr Jenkins' arguments for stability struck a chord with Europe's two most powerful politicians.
22. The fighting is a major threat to stability in the region.
23. The laws of Nature, that is to say the laws of God, plainly made every human being a law unto himself, we must steadfastly refuse to obey those laws, and we must as steadfastly stand by the conventions which ignore them, since the statutes furnish us peace, fairly good government and stability, and therefore are better for us than the laws of God[Sentencedict.com], which would soon plunge us into confusion and disorder and anarchy if we should adopt them.
24. The control of inflation is a sine qua non for economic stability.
25. Some people think that uncontrolled economic growth and environmental stability are mutually exclusive.
26. A loving family environment gives children that sense of stability and permanence which they need.
27. The government tried to remit the urban residents into stability.
28. Jets of compressed air gave the aircraft lateral and directional stability.
29. My father wanted me to become a professional and have more stability.
30. Bank of England officials continued to insist that the pound would soon return to stability but disaster struck.
More similar words: accountability, ability, liability, disability, capability, reliability, availability, flexibility, credibility, rehabilitation, utility, facility, military, facilities, facilitate, militarism, just about, sexuality, mortality, establish, establishment, establishment of, little by little, cabin, mobile, a bit of, habitat, cabinet, billion, a bit of a.