Synonym: cartridge, getaway, pick-me-up, pickup arm, pickup truck, tone arm. Similar words: pick up, back up, check up, pick, pick out, pick off, kick, trick. Meaning: [ˈpɪkʌp] n. 1. a light truck with an open body and low sides and a tailboard 2. a warrant to take someone into custody 3. anything with restorative powers 4. a casual acquaintance; often made in hope of sexual relationships 5. the attribute of being capable of rapid acceleration 6. mechanical device consisting of a light balanced arm that carries the cartridge 7. an electro-acoustic transducer that is the part of the arm of a record player that holds the needle and that is removable 8. the act or process of picking up or collecting from various places 9. the act of taking aboard passengers or freight.
Random good picture Not show
(1) That pretty girl looks like a possible pickup.
(2) He hitched our pickup to his trailer.
(3) He pulled to a stop behind a pickup truck. Sentencedict.com
(4) That lucky guy is a choice pickup for the girls.
(5) The pickup will be sold at Chevrolet dealerships.
(6) Jerry's car was broadsided by a pickup truck.
(7) A pickup truck collided head-on with a car.
(8) The expected toggle switch controls the pickup selections, but in a rather cunning fashion.
(9) The pickup features an exclusive transducer that Guild claim offers advanced sensitivity and dynamic range as well as low noise levels.
(10) The toggle switch selects either pickup or both, in time honoured fashion.
(11) A man beside a pickup truck was standing alongside the road, twirling a radio antenna.
(12) The labor was eased by a four-wheel-drive pickup truck, several hammers and a sagging wheelbarrow.
(13) A pickup truck passed us with three men in the back sheltering under a tarpaulin.
(14) And the Alnico pickup sounds huge[Sentencedict.com], almost like a Stratocaster neck pickup on steroids and three steaks a day.
(15) The finished transducer includes a second pickup coil at right angles to the first.
(16) Pickup trucks were rolling down the hill to the cove from upland.
(17) Trash collection has improved, he said, leaf pickup has resumed and more than 35, 000 potholes have been patched.
(18) She left the pickup door hanging open to examine the first line of trees.
(19) The pickup switching configuration is just like that of a Strat, but obviously with a fatter tone from the humbuckers.
(20) The voltage induced in the pickup coil by this waveform is directly proportional to the rate of change of magnetic induction.
(21) I would love to trade this car for a pickup truck.
(22) Goods are delivered not later than noon on the day after pickup.
(23) Frank Mariano negotiates the desert terrain in his battered pickup.
(24) Jenks trying to coax Ruess' donkey, Pegasus, on to the back of a pickup truck.
(25) Those early models were not much more than modified pickup trucks and truly got some rugged use.
(26) This results in short positive pulses coincident with the core switching transitions to select the desired pickup of coil signals.
(27) After a few days of traveling on the bus without the family car, they rented a pickup truck.
(28) Cook agreed happily, but only if he could follow the bus in his pickup truck.
(29) Chrysler said it was extending through Jan. 31 rebates introduced in November for 1995 models of its full-size Ram pickup.
(30) We drove until we saw a man in a tractor cap moving furniture from his pickup to his trailer home.