Synonym: calm, reasonable, wise. Similar words: sophisticated, demographic, ethical, typical, radical, logical, musical, medical. Meaning: ['fɪlə'sɑfɪkl /-'sɒf-] adj. 1. of or relating to philosophy or philosophers 2. characterized by the attitude of a philosopher; meeting trouble with level-headed detachment 3. characteristic of or imbued with the attitude of a philosopher or based on philosophy.
Random good picture Not show
1. Some old people are philosophical about death.
2. The teacher couldn't answer the philosophical problem.
3. His philosophical writings are imbued with religious belief.
4. The debate was getting too philosophical for me.
5. The philosopher demonstrated a philosophical principle.
6. He was not accustomed to political or philosophical discussions.
7. Sunshine and flowers in the philosophical smile, the sad and painful sigh in the pessimistic.
8. The philosophical problems of chance and of free will are closely related.
9. Mum's being quite philosophical about the whole thing.
10. He heard the news with a philosophical smile.
11. He was by nature a philosophical person.
12. He pondered, as if over some deep philosophical point.
13. These ideas lead us into a philosophical cul-de-sac.
14. Feminist ideas are interrelated with philosophical ideas.
15. Try to be philosophical about it.
16. She is very philosophical about her bad luck.
17. Lewis has grown philosophical about life.
18. She seemed fairly philosophical about the loss.
19. the philosophical doctrine of pluralism.
20. He was philosophical about losing and said that he'd be back next year to try again.
21. And it organises a continuous stream of philosophical conferences.
22. He later received a doctorate for his philosophical publications.
23. Organic farming frequently encounters such philosophical problems.
23. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
24. Coffee makes us severe, and grave,[sentencedict.com] and philosophical. Jonathan Swift
25. Philosophical and aesthetic arguments justifying non-figurative art left Minton unconvinced.
26. He did it on philosophical grounds, and never accepted the medal or the money.
27. For meditation, yoga or for a philosophical discussion, try a blend of frankincense, myrrh and cedarwood.
28. Functional as opposed to philosophical rationality is experienced by men and women in work, by government and through bureaucracy.
29. After a while, we found ourselves questioning the spiritual and philosophical underpinning of the American way of life.
30. Neither Jantzen nor McFague really gets to grips with the philosophical issues involved.
More similar words: sophisticated, demographic, ethical, typical, radical, logical, musical, medical, critical, basically, typically, clinical, tropical, vertical, chemical, technical, practical, historical, classical, identical, ironically, physically, political, electrical, politically, theoretical, ecological, mechanical, biological, historically.