Synonym: critical, different, discriminating, exacting, fastidious, finicky, fussy, meticulous, special, unusual. Antonym: common. Similar words: in particular, particularly, articulate, particle, participant, participate, participation, secular. Meaning: [pəˈtɪkjələ(r)] n. 1. a fact about some part (as opposed to general) 2. a small part that can be considered separately from the whole 3. (logic) a proposition that asserts something about some (but not all) members of a class. adj. 1. unique or specific to a person or thing or category 2. separate and distinct from others of the same group or category 3. surpassing what is common or usual or expected 4. first and most important 5. exacting especially about details 6. providing specific details or circumstances.
Random good picture Not show
1. This particular custom has its origins in Wales.
2. One particular incident sticks in my mind.
3. Research associations are often linked to a particular industry.
4. Is there a particular type of book he enjoys?
5. That particular model is not currently in stock.
6. Unemployment has hit unskilled workers in particular.
7. I have nothing particular to talk about.
8. This is his particular problems.
9. Students apply for admission to a particular college.
10. He is very particular about his food.
11. There is nothing in particular about him.
12. This particular model has a further refinement.
13. She wanted a particular type of cactus.
14. I have no particular reason for doubting him.
15. I don't have any particular reason to distrust them.
16. In this particular case, no one else was involved.
17. There was nothing in the letter of particular importance.
18. Why did you choose that day in particular?
19. Who in particular would you like to talk to?
20. This painting is a particular favourite of mine.
21. The software has no particular distinguishing features.
22. Is there any particular colour you would prefer?
23. be endowed with sth to naturally have a particular feature, quality, etc: She was endowed with intelligence and wit.
24. The weather presented a particular challenge, especially for American servicemen unaccustomed to subarctic conditions.
24. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
25. 'Why do you want to know?' 'No particular reason. I was just wondering.'
26. He stares detachedly into the middle distance, towards nothing in particular.
27. The courses do not follow the syllabus of any particular examination board.
28. The company needs to reduce its dependence on just one particular product.
29. He responded very strongly to the aesthetic of this particular work.
30. Appreciation of works of art is bound to be dominated by a particular kind of interest.
More similar words: in particular, particularly, articulate, particle, participant, participate, participation, secular, spectacular, partial, article, partially, artistic, take part in, difficult, curriculum, agriculture, agricultural, regular, calculate, speculate, regularly, speculation, calculation, triangular, popularity, part, party, artifact, vertical.