Synonym: component, cut, division, fraction, portion, role, section, segment, share. Antonym: meet, whole. Similar words: party, partly, in part, depart, partner, partial, repartee, set apart. Meaning: [pɑrt/pɑː-] n. 1. something determined in relation to something that includes it 2. the extended spatial location of something 3. in so far as the actor specified is concerned 4. something less than the whole of a human artifact 5. one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole 6. the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group 7. a portion of a natural object 8. an actor's portrayal of someone in a play 9. assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group 10. any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor 11. the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music 12. a line of scalp that can be seen when sections of hair are combed in opposite directions. v. 1. go one's own way; move apart 2. discontinue an association or relation; go different ways 3. leave 4. come apart 5. force, take, or pull apart. adv. in part; in some degree; not wholly.
Random good picture Not show
5. Friends must part.
7. Don't part withyour illusions . When they are gone you may still exist , but you have ceased to live.
8. A great part to the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way.
9. Merry meet, merry part.
10. The victory became part of sporting folklore.
11. We spent part of the time in the museum.
12. Which part are you auditioning for?
13. He acted the part with consummate skill.
13. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
14. Generosity is part of the American character.
15. for taking part in the strike.
16. The hat is part of the school uniform.
17. John takes part in many school activities.
18. Police cordoned off part of the city centre.
19. We spent a good part of the day rehearsing.
20. They auditioned him for a part in the play.
21. Vegetables are an integral part of our diet.
22. They live in a rough part of town.
23. Part of the attraction is Darwin's proximity to Asia.
24. A part of the textbooks have arrived.
25. This is an extremely scenic part of America.
26. He has sown coffee on part of his acreage.
27. It is not true suffering ennobles the character; happiness does that sometimes, but suffering, for the most part, makes men petty and vindictive.
29. All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income. Samuel Butler
More similar words: party, partly, in part, depart, partner, partial, repartee, set apart, particle, partially, departure, apartment, apart from, take apart, depart from, particular, take part in, participate, partnership, counterpart, participant, in particular, particularly, participation, par., art, parent, compare, spark, cart.