Synonym: chance, conjecture, consider, contemplate, deliberate, gamble, guess, meditate, reflect, risk, study, theorize, venture. Similar words: speculation, spectacular, calculate, articulate, secular, calculation, regulate, stimulate. Meaning: ['spekjəleɪt /-jʊl-] v. 1. to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds 2. talk over conjecturally, or review in an idle or casual way and with an element of doubt or without sufficient reason to reach a conclusion 3. reflect deeply on a subject 4. invest at a risk.
Random good picture Not show
1. It would be unfair to Debby's family to speculate on the reasons for her suicide.
2. She refused to speculate.
3. I wouldn't like to speculate on the reasons for her resignation.
4. It is idle to speculate what the consequences would have been.
5. Jones refused to speculate about what might happen.
6. It is useless to speculate why he did it.
7. It's tempting to speculate about what might have happened.
8. I can only speculate that he left willingly.
9. He refused to speculate on her reasons for leaving.
10. He likes to speculate on the stock market.
11. We can only speculate as to this man's identity.
12. No one can speculate on what he's thinking about.
13. We should speculate about the purpose of life.
14. It's always hard to speculate about the future.
15. The reader can speculate what will happen next.
15. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
16. This has led scientists to speculate on the existence of other galaxies.
17. The new insurance rules speculate that the disabled for the public benefit are to receive more money.
18. A spokesperson declined to speculate on the cause of the train crash.
19. We can speculate that the stone circles were used in some sort of pagan ceremony.
20. People speculate about virtuality systems, but we're already working on it.
21. It is premature to speculate about the resumption of negotiations.
22. The doctors speculate that he died of a cerebral haemorrhage caused by a blow on the head.
23. And there is so damn much to speculate about.
24. Nellis and Weir declined to speculate about military applications.
25. Again, I can only speculate.
26. This last observation allows us to speculate on an underlying principle that might link our two sets of findings.
27. Some experts speculate that a Perot candidacy would hurt the Dole-Kemp ticket more than Clinton in November.
28. Builders and developers themselves may also speculate in land in this way.
29. We don't know all the circumstances, so it would be pointless to speculate.
30. I was able to persuade them to borrow large sums of money and speculate.
More similar words: speculation, spectacular, calculate, articulate, secular, calculation, regulate, stimulate, insulated, manipulate, molecule, particular, aspect, specify, species, special, suspect, particularly, in particular, prospect, spectrum, specific, spectacle, inspector, especially, specialty, regulator, specialize, perspective, introspect.