Synonym: cultivation, farming, husbandry. Similar words: agricultural, culture, cultural, difficult, curriculum, sculpture, particular, articulate. Meaning: ['ægrɪkʌltʃə] n. 1. a large-scale farming enterprise 2. the practice of cultivating the land or raising stock 3. the federal department that administers programs that provide services to farmers (including research and soil conservation and efforts to stabilize the farming economy); created in 1862 4. the class of people engaged in growing food.
Random good picture Not show
1. The government should do more to promote sustainable agriculture.
2. Problems also exist in agriculture.
3. Agriculture is still the mainstay of the country's economy.
4. Agriculture is the foundation of the national economy.
5. Agriculture used to be the economic backbone of this country.
6. The Ministry of Agriculture commissioned a study into low-input farming.
7. This has made it necessary for agriculture and industry to develop very quickly.
8. Agriculture is still largely based on traditional methods in some countries.
9. We are speeding up the mechanisation of our agriculture.
10. A proportion of the land is used for agriculture.
11. He forced the country to collectivize agriculture.
12. Agriculture forms the backbone of the rural economy.
13. Tourism has replaced agriculture as the nation's main industry.
14. The mountainous terrain rules out most forms of agriculture.
15. Agriculture is becoming more and more technically advanced .
16. Seventy percent of the country's population practises subsistence agriculture.
17. Nationalization of agriculture is on the government's agenda.
17. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
18. Agriculture was the backbone of the economy.
19. 50 % of the country's population depend on agriculture.
20. We are speeding up the mechanization of our agriculture.
21. The seminar was to discuss diversification of agriculture.
22. Changing patterns of agriculture are threatening the countryside.
23. Bromfield was slated to become U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.
24. He showed his poverty in his knowledge of agriculture.
25. Computers have also begun serving agriculture.
26. They will retire this poor land from agriculture.
27. As agriculture developed, agricultural ideas diffused across Europe.
28. Beyond this marginal fringe no agriculture is possible.
29. The whole food chain is affected by the over-use of chemicals in agriculture.
30. Nowhere is the effect of government policy more apparent than in agriculture.
More similar words: agricultural, culture, cultural, difficult, curriculum, sculpture, particular, articulate, faculty, in particular, particularly, mixture, feature, picture, gesture, venture, lecture, texture, capture, by nature, creature, in nature, in future, structure, furniture, departure, signature, for the future, in the future, legislature.