Synonym: couple, pair, team. Similar words: inmate, climate, intimate, estimate, material, teammate, ultimate, estimated. Meaning: [meɪt] n. 1. the officer below the master on a commercial ship 2. a fellow member of a team 3. the partner of an animal (especially a sexual partner) 4. a person's partner in marriage 5. an exact duplicate 6. South American holly; leaves used in making a drink like tea 7. informal term for a friend of the same sex 8. South American tea-like drink made from leaves of a South American holly called mate 9. a chess move constituting an inescapable and indefensible attack on the opponent's king. v. 1. make love 2. bring two objects, ideas, or people together 3. place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game.
Random good picture Not show
1. He's an old mate of mine.
2. Many birds mate in the springtime.
3. You're minging, mate! Go and take a shower.
4. Cats do not mate with dogs.
5. Birds mate in the spring.
6. I was with a mate.
7. Where is the mate to this glove?
8. It is often difficult to get animals to mate in captivity.
9. The assistant carried on talking to his mate, name-dropping all the famous riders he knew.
10. Don't blame me, mate - I had fuck all to do with it!
11. The queen bee is likely to mate with two or three drones.
12. A male bird sings to attract a mate.
13. Come on mate, things aren't that bad.
14. Have you got a light, mate?
15. A donkey mate with a mare.
16. They want the males to mate with wild females.
17. Fair go mate, let the others have a turn!
18. Do foxes ever mate with dogs?
19. Pandas rarely mate in captivity.
20. Sorry mate, you'll have to wait.
21. Lend me a fiver, mate?
22. Around here, mate, what I say, goes!
23. She has been a faithful mate to him.
24. Tigers mate repeatedly over a period of several days.
25. The blackbird called to its mate.
26. If you paid ￡50, you were done,(http://Sentencedict.com) mate!
27. Where are you off to, mate?
28. He worked as a bricklayer's mate.
29. Give us a light, mate.
30. These birds have colourful feathers to attract a mate.
More similar words: inmate, climate, intimate, estimate, material, teammate, ultimate, estimated, alma mater, ultimately, legitimate, approximately, building materials, mathematics, math, format, tomato, matter, dramatic, no matter, diplomat, formation, summation, automatic, pragmatic, a matter of, information, diplomatic, dramatically, automatically.