Synonym: Empire, conglomerate, imperium. Similar words: inspire, conspiracy, damping, Olympic, champion, Olympics, championship, temple. Meaning: ['empaɪə] n. 1. the domain ruled by an emperor or empress; the region over which imperial dominion is exercised 2. a group of countries under a single authority 3. a monarchy with an emperor as head of state 4. a group of diverse companies under common ownership and run as a single organization 5. an eating apple that somewhat resembles a McIntosh; used as both an eating and a cooking apple.
Random good picture Not show
1. What caused the Roman Empire to decay?
2. During October 1918 the Austro-Hungarian Empire began to disintegrate.
3. What made the Roman Empire decay?
4. He ruled his business empire like a latter-day Tsar.
5. A hundred years ago, Britain had a large empire.
6. The Roman Empire was overrun by Nordic barbarians.
7. The Japanese empire was quickly dismantled.
8. The Roman Empire existed for several centuries.
9. Church and empire were fused in a single entity.
9. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
10. Banc One of Ohio has built an empire in the mid-west by gobbling up smaller banks.
11. The Roman Empire came under severe pressure from the barbarians across the Rhine.
12. You have built up a huge property empire by buying from wretched people who had to sell or starve.
13. Her efforts were justly rewarded with a British Empire Medal.
14. The British Empire was at its peak in the mid 19th century.
15. The ancient Romans extended their empire into Asia.
16. His business empire was vast.
17. The empire absorbed many small nations.
18. When did the empire begin to wane?
19. His modest business eventually expanded into a supermarket empire.
20. The magazine became the cornerstone of McFadden's publishing empire.
21. The Ottoman Empire disintegrated into lots of small states.
22. By now Britain had lost its empire.
23. The great empire began to crumble.
24. This defeat led to the disintegration of the empire.
25. He has built up a not inconsiderable business empire.
26. The empire finally crumbled into dust.
27. He ruled over a great empire.
28. The empire is in decay.
29. The 5th century saw the end of the Roman Empire in the West.
30. The Thirty Year's War nearly caused the breakup of the empire.
More similar words: inspire, conspiracy, damping, Olympic, champion, Olympics, championship, temple, employ, preempt, emphasis, employer, emphasize, employee, tire, wire, hire, employment, exempt from, contemplate, contretemps, direct, fire up, on fire, admire, retire, unemployment, contemporary, retired, require.