Synonym: memorial, pillar, shrine, tower. Similar words: document, instrument, documentary, numerous, commencement, amendment, entertainment, sentiment. Meaning: ['mɑnjəmənt /'mɒ-] n. 1. a structure erected to commemorate persons or events 2. an important site that is marked and preserved as public property 3. a burial vault (usually for some famous person).
Random good picture Not show
1. This monument was erected in honor of the martyrs.
2. There is a massive monument in the square.
3. He erected a monument on the spot where his daughter was killed.
4. The monument carries the inscription: "To the fallen in two world wars".
5. This pillar is a monument to all those who died in the civil war.
6. The new boat is a fitting monument to the crew members who lost their lives.
7. The annual arts festival is a monument to her vision and hard work.
8. The park that encloses the monument has recently been enlarged.
9. This pillar is a monument to all those who died in the war.
10. A monument was erected to the memory of that great scientist.
11. A wreath was laid on the monument to a fanfare of trumpets.
12. The monument is well worth a detour.
13. They reared a monument to commemorate the great musician.
14. The monument was moved bodily to a new site.
15. This monument commemorates those who died in the war.
16. The city commissioned a monument to commemorate the battle.
17. The monument was unveiled with great solemnity.
18. The whole house is a monument to her craftsmanship.
19. His actions are a monument to foolishness.
20. The monument was fronted with stone.
21. A monument has been commissioned in his memory.
22. The monument consists of a circle of gigantic stones.
23. This monument commemorates our victory.
24. Grizzled veterans in uniform gathered at the war monument.
25. Her initials were enchased on the monument.
26. The monument will stand just inside the cathedral.
27. The colossal monument bestrode the harbour.
28. Death comes to all(Sentencedict.com ), but great achievements raise a monument which shall endure until the sun grows old.
29. Time and weather had long ago effaced the inscription on the monument.
30. In the square in front of the hotel stands a monument to all the people killed in the war.
More similar words: document, instrument, documentary, numerous, commencement, amendment, entertainment, sentiment, moment, mentor, comment, element, mention, payment, mentally, ailment, segment, basement, fragment, momentum, movement, comment on, experiment, implement, tournament, placement, equipment, in a moment, apartment, treatment.