Synonym: essential, fundamental, underlying. Similar words: basically, base, basket, music, based on, basement, database, basketball. Meaning: ['beɪsɪk] n. 1. a popular programming language that is relatively easy to learn; an acronym for beginner's all-purpose symbolic instruction code; no longer in general use 2. (usually plural) a necessary commodity for which demand is constant. adj. 1. pertaining to or constituting a base or basis 2. reduced to the simplest and most significant form possible without loss of generality 3. serving as a base or starting point 4. of or denoting or of the nature of or containing a base.
Random good picture Not show
1. He can't grasp the basic concepts of mathematics.
2. The basic idea is simple.
3. I really need to get some basic financial advice.
4. Freedom of expression is a basic human right.
5. The basic unit of society is the family.
6. Contact with other people is a basic human need.
7. Drums are basic to African music.
8. I had only a basic familiarity with computers.
9. The children progressed in the acquisition of basic skills.
10. The language this computer uses is BASIC.
10. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
11. The basic theme of these stories never.
12. Oxygen is one of the basic elements of substance.
13. The basic theme of these stories never varies.
14. Drums are basic to African rhythm.
15. Coconut is a basic ingredient for many curries.
16. The family is the basic unit of society.
17. The basic vocabulary of a language is those words that must be learnt.
18. I'll start her off on some fairly basic stuff and see how she gets on.
19. It has a basic construction of brick under a tiled roof.
20. The human body has a symmetry that is basic to our sense of beauty.
21. They have to have a basic understanding of computers in order to use the advanced technology.
22. They have shown a ruthless disregard for basic human rights.
23. One of the most basic requirements for any form of angling is a sharp hook.
24. You'll be quite safe if you observe certain basic precautions.
25. There's a basic contradiction in the whole idea of paying for justice.
26. The basic forms of jacket, vest, and breeches developed slowly.
27. All applicants for the job should have a basic grounding in computer skills.
28. They've copied the basic design from the Japanese model and added a few of their own refinements.
29. An educational system which fails to teach basic arithmetic is seriously deficient.
30. Education is one of the basic human rights written into the United Nations Charter.
More similar words: basically, base, basket, music, based on, basement, database, basketball, physics, classic, musical, musician, ambassador, physically, classical, music stand, physician, as is, as if, Asian, aside, casino, as it is, emphasis, set aside, put aside, lay aside, emphasize, invasion, as it were.