Random good picture Not show
1) By convention the deputy leader is always a woman.
2) Convention now allows women to smoke in public.
3) They believe it is essential to defy convention.
4) The Convention set down rules for deciding which country should deal with an asylum request.
5) Convention demands that a club member should resign in such a situation.
6) Convention dictates that a minister should resign in such a situation.
7) They defied/flouted/broke with convention by giving up their jobs and becoming self-sufficient.
8) At the recent convention a declaration was adopted.
9) How many delegates have checked in at the convention?
10) It's just a social convention that men don't wear skirts.
11) It's an established convention that the part of the prince is played by a woman.
12) By convention,[http://sentencedict.com/convention.html] the Queen gives the Royal Assent to all measures passed by Parliament.
13) The orchestra decided to flout convention/tradition, and wear their everyday clothes for the concert.
14) Young people often kick against convention.
15) He felt himself trammelled by convention.
16) He kept his cool on the convention floor when he was heckled by a young Republican.
17) The organization is gearing up for a convention in May.
18) His speech to the Democratic Convention was a tour de force.
19) He felt hemmed in by convention.
20) They dry-gulched the candidate at the party convention.
21) He likes to fly in the face of convention.
22) Japan has signed a convention of peace with a neighboring country.
23) Moderates are putting it about that people shouldn't take the things said at the Republican Convention too seriously.
24) They have delegated him to represent their city at the convention.
25) Having suffered grievously from biological weapons attacks in the past, China supports work that helps comprehensively to strengthen the effectiveness of the convention. It has actively participated in the work of drawing up a Protocol of the Ad Hoc Group of States Parties to the BWC established in 1994,(sentencedict.com) and has made contributions to the progress of the negotiations on the Protocol.
26) The film was shown to gasps of rapture at the Democratic Convention.
27) The court's decision is in breach of the European Convention on Human Rights.
28) All new fashion starts out as a reaction against existing convention.
29) The action is an open violation of the Vienna Convention.
30) He said the bombing was in complete disregard of the Geneva Convention.
More similar words: conventional, invention, conversation, prevention, intervention, convenience, a bone of contention, conversion, conviction, mention, attention, not to mention, identification, pay attention to, convey, concentration, convert, invent, inventory, continent, investigation, condition, conception, connection, conditions, consumption, contribution, construction, conservation, constitution.