Synonym: circumstance, provision, situation, specification, state. Similar words: conditions, edition, addition, tradition, additional, expedition, in addition, traditional. Meaning: [kən'dɪʃn] n. 1. a state at a particular time 2. a mode of being or form of existence of a person or thing 3. an assumption on which rests the validity or effect of something else 4. (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement 5. the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape') 6. information that should be kept in mind when making a decision 7. the procedure that is varied in order to estimate a variable's effect by comparison with a control condition. v. 1. establish a conditioned response 2. train by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control 3. specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement 4. put into a better state 5. apply conditioner to in order to make smooth and shiny.
Random good picture Not show
1) Changes in the patient's condition may make surgery inadvisable.
2) The car is in very good condition.
3) This condition requires urgent treatment.
4) If left untreated the condition may become chronic.
5) Your condition is serious and requires surgery.
6) He has been out of condition for several weeks.
7) There's no appreciable change in the patient's condition.
8) The girl students' rooms are all in orderly condition.
9) He takes several drugs for his condition.
10) None but my mother fully understands my condition.
11) The house was dull, old-fashioned and in bad condition.
12) There is no instant cure for this condition.
13) The car was in first-class condition.
14) The house is in a good condition.
15) The house is in a generally poor condition.
16) He aggravated his condition by leaving hospital too soon.
17) The clock was restored to its original condition.
18) Her condition is showing aprogressive improvement.
19) He is in a weakened condition.
20) Her condition was wrongly diagnosed by the doctor.
21) The property is in immaculate condition.
22) The doctor said the old man's condition was hopeless.
23) Her condition after the operation was described as 'satisfactory'.
24) The house was reported to be in excellent condition.
25) The piano was in good condition.
26) There are various treatments available for this condition.
27) The pilot inquired about the weather condition.
28) This liver condition is common in heavy drinkers.
29) The house was reported as being in excellent condition.
More similar words: conditions, edition, addition, tradition, additional, expedition, in addition, traditional, traditionally, in addition to, indication, position, munitions, coalition, beyond question, transition, definition, opposition, composition, exhibition, practitioner, acquisition, recognition, conception, convention, conviction, connection, contribution, consumption, conservation.