Synonym: bar. Similar words: invention, convention, conventional, intervention, revelation, mention, attention, not to mention. Meaning: [prɪ'venʃn] n. the act of preventing.
Random good picture Not show
1. Prevention is better than cure.
3. Prevention and cure are both attended to.
4. Prevention also plays a central role in traditional medicine.
5. For help on crime prevention, call our 24-hour advice line.
6. Educating new drivers is important for the prevention of accidents.
7. Stores spend more and more on crime prevention every year.
8. The fire prevention branch inspects factories and all sorts of public buildings.
9. Effective crime prevention must be our main goal.
10. Crime prevention had to be given more prominence.
11. We need a positive programme of crime prevention.
12. These cells carry a mutation affecting the prevention mechanism.
13. The organization is committed to AIDS prevention and education.
14. Calcium may aid in the prevention of colon cancer.
15. We need to focus more on crime prevention .
16. This year's budget for AIDS prevention probably won't be much higher.
17. Prevention is better than cure, so start looking after your heart now.
18. The nutrition plays a role in the prevention of nearsightedness.
19. Remember that prevention is better than cure, so brush your teeth at least twice a day and visit your dentist for regular check-ups.
20. The best prevention for cholera is to boil or filter water, and eat only well-cooked food.
21. Six suspects are being held under the Prevention of Terrorism Act.
22. Doctors are aiming to concentrate more on prevention than cure.
23. It's called the Pan-Carib-bean Disaster Preparedness and Prevention Project, which is quite a mouthful.
24. You know what they say, prevention is better than cure .
25. Talk about crime and crime prevention.
26. Its policy is damage limitation,[http://sentencedict.com/prevention.html] not prevention.
27. Democrats will complain he overemphasizes punishment at the expense of prevention and treatment.
28. Almost two hundred suspects were detained in Britain last year under the Prevention of Terrorism Act.
29. I will discuss the role of diet in cancer prevention in Chapter 7.
30. As far as health is concerned, it's a truism that prevention is better than cure.
More similar words: invention, convention, conventional, intervention, revelation, mention, attention, not to mention, presentation, representation, identification, pay attention to, revenue, a bone of contention, event, seventh, eventually, in any event, even though, in the event of, presidential, revolutionary, prediction, prescription, appreciation, interpretation, prestidigitation, orientation, concentration, implementation.