Synonym: belligerent, combative, hostile, militant, offensive. Antonym: defensive. Similar words: aggression, progressive, impressive, excessive, congressional, massive, Congress, depression. Meaning: [-esɪv] adj. 1. having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends 2. tending to spread quickly 3. characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight.
Random good picture Not show
1. Some children are much more aggressive than others.
2. U.S. business today is challenged by aggressive overseas competitors.
3. He is very aggressive in many ways.
4. You'd better keep the two aggressive boys apart.
5. Watching violence on TV makes some children more aggressive.
6. As a teenager Sean was aggressive and moody.
7. The community is demanding a less aggressive style of policing.
8. He's slightly aggressive, which a lot of people find a bit off-putting when they first meet him.
9. Bright,aggressive applicants.
10. Jim's voice became aggressive.
11. Her aggressive moods alternated with gentle or more co-operative states.
12. The male of the species is less aggressive.
13. The government has adopted an aggressive posture on immigration.
14. Men tend to be more aggressive than women.
15. Aggressive nations threaten world peace.
16. He has an aggressive manner.
17. The dogs are trained to be aggressive.
18. He is rebellious, aggressive and at times self-destructive.
19. The board decided to embark on aggressive overseas expansion.
20. European countries are quite aggressive subsidizers of grain exports.
21. Lewis was aggressive, eccentric, moody, and brilliantly clever.
22. I found him rather boorish and aggressive.
23. Aggressive behaviour is a sign of emotional distress.
24. Aggressive men turn me off completely.
25. He advanced towards me in aggressive style.
26. He warned that his dog was aggressive towards strangers.
27. He assumed the style of an aggressive go-getter.
28. His behaviour towards her was becoming more and more aggressive.
29. There appears to be increasing support for the leadership to take a more aggressive stance.
30. The two British players both won their first - round matches in aggressive style.
More similar words: aggression, progressive, impressive, excessive, congressional, massive, Congress, depression, impression, offensive, exclusive, extensive, defensive, exclusively, session, comprehensive, press, recession, dress up, stress, accessible, confession, processing, profession, press for, impress, actress, address, distress, professional.