Synonym: consider, cover, defend, dock, guard, house, keep in mind, pier, port, protect, screen, shelter, shield, think, wharf. Similar words: carbon, carbohydrate, marble, nearby, garbage, suborn, labor, border. Meaning: ['hɑrbə(r) /'hɑːb-] n. 1. a sheltered port where ships can take on or discharge cargo 2. a place of refuge and comfort and security. v. 1. maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings) 2. secretly shelter (as of fugitives or criminals) 3. keep in one's possession; of animals 4. hold back a thought or feeling about.
Random good picture Not show
1. The ship is expected to make harbor tonight.
2. The freighter tied up at a small harbor.
3. The ship had to be towed into the harbor.
4. The ship was lying to outside the harbor.
5. I can see two ships in the harbor.
6. The Harbor was replete with boats.
7. The steamer arrived in harbor last night.
8. During the gale the ships stayed in the harbor.
9. The boats in the harbor were safe during the storm.
10. The ship has to run into the harbor when the sudden storm arises.
10. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
11. He runs a very fashionable restaurant near the Harbor.
12. At night, the harbor is a fairyland.
13. The harbor gradually filled in.
14. There were many vessels in the harbor today.
15. All the battleships can refresh in this harbor.
16. I made my way towards the harbor.
17. Try to steer the boat for the harbor.
18. The light guided them back to the harbor.
19. Three tankers were anchored in the harbor.
20. The harbor lies to the south of the city.
21. They entered the harbor by sailing under false colours.
22. It's an offence to harbor the criminals.
23. They lay at anchor outside the harbor.
24. The ship was closing down on the harbor.
25. The boat tacked into harbor.
26. The gale screamed through the harbor.
27. Would you like to run to the harbor to look at the ships?
28. We stopped worrying about the ship's safe arrival when she sailed into the harbor with all her flags flying.
29. He wasn't good navigator, so it is necessary that the coastline remain in sight as he moved from one harbor to the next.
30. He used to skip lessons and hang around the harbor with some other boys.