Synonym: C, atomic number 6, carbon copy, carbon paper. Similar words: carbohydrate, bond, nearby, marble, bonus, garbage, ribbon, bona fide. Meaning: ['kɑːbən] n. 1. an abundant nonmetallic tetravalent element occurring in three allotropic forms: amorphous carbon and graphite and diamond; occurs in all organic compounds 2. a thin paper coated on one side with a dark waxy substance (often containing carbon); used to transfer characters from the original to an under sheet of paper 3. a copy made with carbon paper.
Random good picture Not show
1. Carbon dioxide consists of carbon and oxygen.
2. He is a carbon of his father.
3. The company makes devices to detect carbon monoxide.
4. Carbon rubs off on your hands.
5. The heavy traffic tinctures the air with carbon monoxide.
6. Plants absorb carbon in the form of carbon dioxide.
7. Trees absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen.
8. She's a carbon copy of her mother.
9. The leak led to a slow build-up of carbon dioxide.
10. The carbon14 atoms oxidize to carbon dioxide which gets blown about and mixed up with lower atmosphere.
11. Carbon dust and oil build up in large motors and cause them to short-circuit.
12. Plants absorb carbon dioxide.
13. The carbon 14 atoms oxidise to carbon dioxide which gets blown about and mixed up with lower atmosphere.
14. Plants absorb carbon dioxide from the air and moisture from the soil.
15. The emission of gases such as carbon dioxide should be stabilised at their present level.
16. Carbon is an element, while carbon dioxide is a compound.
17. In graphite sheets, carbon atoms bond together in rings.
18. Carbon has a valence of four.
19. Dissolved carbon dioxide makes the water more acidic.
20. Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, poisonous gas.
20. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
21. Make three carbon copies of the letter.
22. Diamonds are crystals of pure carbon.
23. CO is the formula for carbon monoxide.
24. Diamond is the crystalline form of the element carbon.
25. Organic compounds contain carbon in their molecules.
26. Industrialized countries must reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
27. Carbon steels exist in three stable crystalline phases.
28. One theory about the existence of extraterrestrial life rests on the presence of carbon compounds in meteorites.
29. Through this incision, the abdominal cavity is distended with carbon dioxide gas.
30. The drawing is transferred onto the wood by means of carbon paper.