Synonym: callous, difficult, firm, harsh, inflexible, rigid, rough, rugged, severe, solid, stern, stony, strenuously, strict, tough, ugly, unpleasant, unyielding, easy, simple, soft. Similar words: hardware, hardly any, harsh, chart, a share, sharp, shark, Chart.. Meaning: [hɑrd /hɑːd] adj. 1. not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure 2. dispassionate 3. resisting weight or pressure 4. very strong or vigorous 5. characterized by toilsome effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort 6. produced without vibration of the vocal cords 7. (of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source 8. (of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward or touching the velum 9. given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for intoxicating liquors 10. being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content 11. unfortunate or hard to bear 12. dried out. adv. 1. with effort or force or vigor 2. with firmness 3. earnestly or intently 4. causing great damage or hardship 5. slowly and with difficulty 6. indulging excessively 7. into a solid condition 8. very near or close in space or time 9. with pain or distress or bitterness 10. to the full extent possible; all the way.
Random good picture Not show
4. Soft words are hard arguments.
5. Hard cases make bad law.
9. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
16. Old habits die hard.
19. Your writing is hard to read.
20. A cold breeze was blowing hard .
21. He's been working hard all day.
22. The chairs felt hard and uncomfortable.
23. It's hard to bend an iron bar.
24. She praised her daughter's hard work.
25. We sought long and hard but found no answer.
26. I find it hard to blow-dry my hair.
27. His essay is not based on hard science.
28. He strives hard to keep himself very fit.
29. Her throat constricted and she swallowed hard.