Synonym: detail, develop, dwell on, work out. Antonym: plain, rude, simple. Similar words: laboratory, collaboration, labor, laboriously, decorate, corporate, incorporate, abortion. Meaning: [ɪ'læbərət] v. 1. add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing 2. produce from basic elements or sources; change into a more developed product 3. make more complex, intricate, or richer 4. work out in detail. adj. 1. marked by complexity and richness of detail 2. developed or executed with care and in minute detail.
Random good picture Not show
1. It was all an elaborate pretence.
2. It turned out to be an elaborate hoax.
3. This elaborate deception fooled his family for ages.
4. The plans looked very elaborate.
5. She had prepared a very elaborate meal.
6. You understand the situation; I needn't elaborate any further.
7. It is an elaborate project that answers many purposes.
8. John concocted an elaborate excuse for being late.
9. The heat had to be dissipated by elaborate cooling systems.
10. The police played an elaborate game of cat and mouse to trap him.
11. She adopted an elaborate disguise to help her pass through the town unrecognized.
12. Please elaborate your plan.
13. I wondered why he had gone through the elaborate charade.
14. She went on to elaborate her argument.
15. Some animals perform elaborate mating rituals before they copulate.
16. There is an elaborate five - course meal.
17. Elaborate efforts were made to reconstruct what had happened.
18. The problem is too elaborate.
19. He is known for his elaborate costumes.
20. She makes an elaborate ritual of the washing-up.
21. He made an elaborate hairstyle.
22. a long and elaborate misrepresentation.
23. Please elaborate on your proposals a little.
24. McDonald refused to elaborate on his reasons for resigning.
25. There were elaborate plaster mouldings around the ceiling.
26. It is an elaborate ceremony,[Sentencedict] shrouded in mystery.
27. The train was an elaborate affair of sixteen coaches.
28. They're making the most elaborate preparations for the wedding.
29. You want a plain blouse to go with that skirt - nothing too elaborate.
30. He said he had new evidence, but refused to elaborate any further.
More similar words: laboratory, collaboration, labor, laboriously, decorate, corporate, incorporate, abortion, relate, related, corporation, exploration, rate, operate, accurate, moderate, cooperate, desperate, generate, tolerate, strategy, at any rate, integrate, strategic, frustrate, accelerate, accurately, desperately, inveterate, integrated.