Synonym: custom, folklore, long, usage. Similar words: traditional, traditionally, radiation, edition, addition, condition, expedition, conditions. Meaning: [trə'dɪʃn] n. 1. an inherited pattern of thought or action 2. a specific practice of long standing.
Random good picture Not show
1. The college is steeped in history/tradition.
2. By tradition, people play practical jokes on 1 April.
3. This region has a great sporting tradition.
4. The custom will never receive the sanction of tradition.
5. In keeping with tradition(http://Sentencedict.com), everyone wore black.
6. Local people have decided to revive this centuries-old tradition.
7. The origins of the tradition have become obscure.
8. The university has a long tradition of supporting the arts.
9. It's a tradition that dates back at least a thousand years.
10. It is a tradition that the young look after the old in their family.
11. Fireworks have long been an American tradition on the Fourth of July.
12. Do not be led by reports, or tradition, or hearsay.
13. Mary has carried on the family tradition of giving away plants.
14. In keeping with tradition, they always have turkey on Christmas Day.
15. We came from the English tradition of not being demonstrative.
16. Tradition and culture are often at variance with the needs of modern living.
17. We decided to break with tradition and not spend Christmas with our family.
18. The heroic deeds of him embodied the glorious tradition of the troops.
19. Tradition is not to be messed about.
20. In the Christian tradition, God is made flesh .
21. Each country has its own indigenous cultural tradition.
22. Both communities have a tradition of keeping history alive.
23. This tradition dates back to medieval times.
24. Our children will carry this tradition on after us.
25. This tradition has no parallel in our culture.
26. Both brothers followed the family tradition and became doctors.
27. He's a politician in the tradition of Kennedy.
28. In France there was a long tradition of anarcho-syndicalism.
29. This tradition dates back over 200 years.
30. They broke with tradition and got married quietly.
More similar words: traditional, traditionally, radiation, edition, addition, condition, expedition, conditions, additional, in addition, in addition to, transition, trading, graduation, position, munitions, coalition, composition, exhibition, opposition, definition, practitioner, recognition, acquisition, attraction, translation, transaction, frustration, transformation, concentration.