1) In time of peace
prepare for war.
2) If you wish for peace
, be prepared for war.
3) War makes thieves, and peace
4) If you want peace
, prepare for war.
5) In moderating, not satisfying, desires, lies peace
6) Of all war(s), peace
is the end.
with sword in hand, 'tis safest making.
with sword in hand, ’Tis safest making.
on earth and good will towards men.
10) Real peace
doesn't mean absence of war.
11) In peace prepare for war.
12) Weapon bode [breed] peace.
13) He that would live in peace
and rest must hear and see, and say the best.
14) He who cannot hold his peace
will never live at ease.
15) War is the continuity of policies during peace
time, and vice versa.
16) When peace
has been broken anywhere, the peace of all countries everywhere is in danger.
17) Attempts to negotiate peace ended in armed revolt.
18) Our objective must be to secure a peace settlement.
19) He admitted causing a breach of the peace.
20) Money may be the husk of many things, but not the kernel. It brings you food, but not appetite; medicine, but not health; acquaintances, but not friends; servants, but not loyalty; days of joy, but not peace
21) The laws of Nature, that is to say the laws of God, plainly made every human being a law unto himself, we must steadfastly refuse to obey those laws, and we must as steadfastly stand by the conventions which ignore them, since the statutes furnish us peace
, fairly good government and stability, and therefore are better for us than the laws of God, which would soon plunge us into confusion and disorder and anarchy if we should adopt them.
22) Tell not all you know nor judge of all you see if you would live in peace
23) To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace
24) See, listen, and be silent, and you will live in peace
25) He knows enough that can live and hold his peace
26) There can be no war nowadays between civilized nations, nor any peace
that is not hollow and delusive unless sustained and backed up by the sentiment of the people who are parties to it.
27) When the owl sings, the nightingale will hold her peace
28) He is the happiest,be he King or peasant,[http://sentencedict.com/peace
.html] who finds peace in his home.
29) It is madness for a sheep to treat of peace
with a wolf.
30) I am ready to die for my Lord, that in my blood the Church may obtain liberty and peace
. Thomas Becket, Archbishop of Canterbury.