Random good picture Not show
1. The lake will be dyked to avert floods.
2. He managed to avert the closure of the factory.
3. Sudan requires food immediately to avert a humanitarian catastrophe.
4. Negotiations continued all day to avert a strike.
5. He managed to avert suspicion.
6. She apologized to avert trouble.
7. He did his best to avert suspicion.
8. We must act now to avert a disaster of monumental proportions.
9. UN troops intervened to avert a threat of violent conflict.
10. Vigorous action is needed to avert the danger of runaway inflation.
11. Talks are taking place in an attempt to avert a strike.
12. Efforts are being made to avert war and find a diplomatic solution.
13. We tried to avert our thoughts from our massive financial problems.
14. We can avert that danger here.
15. I avert my eyes and wish I were them.
16. We are the last generation who can avert this catastrophe.
17. When opening the oven door,(Sentencedict) avert your head to avoid the blast of steam.
18. Animals are killed only to avert mystical dangers which cause illness and death.
19. Had he understood that in her desperation to avert financial tragedy she might be willing to barter her body?
20. A global concerted effort is required to avert a global health crisis.
21. The only way to avert this would be hefty tax increases.
22. I watched her shuffle, wriggle and avert her eyes while we made stilted conversation about our lives.
23. However, it appears that in Essex at least, individual college principals have agreed to negotiate their introduction and avert strikes.
24. Are there no other ways of intervening in their environment to avert the catastrophe Walinsky describes?
25. As responsible citizens, you have the duty to, and can, avert these insurance crises.
26. Those doughty editorial professionals at the Star have once again helped us avert a foolish mistake just in the nick of time!
27. Peace talks have been initiated in an attempt to avert full scale war.
28. You needed to tone down the quotes at times to avert a libel writ.
29. The answer may be one or both of these and only a careful rescue package can avert a total disaster.
30. And in response, I promise you that we shall do our best to avert it, or at least contain it.
More similar words: waver, average, slavery, covert, subvert, divert, revert, advert, aversion, traverse, convert, poverty, culvert, over there, on average, quavering, cavernous, vertical, diverted, inverted, extrovert, advertise, overthrow, converted, antislavery, inadvertent, nevertheless, advertising, advertisement, inadvertently.