Synonym: covered, hidden, hideaway, refuge, secret, shelter, veiled. Antonym: overt. Similar words: cover, uncover, recover, cover up, recovery, coverage, poverty, over there. Meaning: ['kʌvət] n. 1. a flock of coots 2. a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something. adj. 1. secret or hidden; not openly practiced or engaged in or shown or avowed 2. (of a wife) being under the protection of her husband.
Random good picture Not show
1. Religion is often made the covert of crime.
2. They have been supplying covert military aid to the rebels.
3. The government was accused of covert military operations against the regime.
4. Every measure, both overt and covert, is being taken against terrorists.
5. He stole a covert glance at her across the table.
6. The army carried out covert surveillance of the building for several months.
7. He stole covert glances at her across the table.
8. Accusations continue of security force involvement in covert assassinations.
9. This whole business of covert action.
9. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
10. The mechanism of propitiation carries with it covert hostility.
11. He was an enthusiast for covert action.
12. But these were not covert intelligence operations.
13. Thoughtful, well-reasoned covert action, lawfully reported to Congress, can be a tremendous foreign-policy instrument for a president.
14. The covert activities of secret service and conspiracy theories entered the apparently benign. neutral world of the art museum.
15. None of them had been trained in covert operations other than when dealing with criminals.
16. A., when hundreds of covert jumps were carried out from the unfinished skeletons of office towers on Bunker Hill.
17. Though sometimes overt, racism is usually covert, but is deeply ingrained in professional and institutional practices.
18. Usually it is covert and can only be diagnosed by specifically measuring blood lipids.
19. But the covert groupings have had their undercover work rumbled by loyalists.
20. The chief investigator resigned[sentencedict.com], amid allegations of covert and probably illegal operations.
21. In my own research, some covert use was made of a micro-recorder and tapes were later transcribed.
22. We should learn to fight with enemy in an overt and covert way.
23. In my experience, people who tried to attain their ends by covert means came to unfortunate ends.
24. Particularly during successful long-term participant observation, the borderline between overt and covert recording can become blurred and quite difficult problems emerge.
25. But there is one story which, in a cryptic and covert way, does.
26. The State President also made a commitment to review covert funding operations.
27. The abuse of residents in the home was confirmed by covert video surveillance.
28. Only Rugby Union holds out against the commercial tide despite widespread speculation about covert payments to players.
29. Police shut down the new business, called Kim's, last week after a covert operation.
30. In such a day, wars are usually the overt result of hopelessly confused covert causes.
More similar words: cover, uncover, recover, cover up, recovery, coverage, poverty, over there, overthrow, all over the world, economic recovery, over and over, advert, revert, over, convert, vertical, all over, go over, oversee, get over, overall, be over, governor, proverb, hand over, run over, overcome, lay over, talk over.