1. Do no through fear of poverty
2. Nothing to be got without pains but poverty
3. Poverty makes a man mean.
4. Sloth is the key of [to] poverty
and love are hard to hide.
is the mother of health.
7. Do not through fear of poverty
acquaints men with strange bedfellows.
is a pain, but no disgrace.
is the reward of idleness.
11. There is no virtue that poverty
11. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
12. Love and poverty
are hard to hide.
13. Poverty is not a crime.
is no shame, laziness is.
is the root of all evils.
wants many things, and covetousness [avarice] all.
is the mother of all arts.
18. Poverty breeds strife.
is not a disgrace, but theft is a disgrace.
shows us who are our friends and who are our enemies.
21. Poverty is no sin.
is not a shame, but the being ashamed of it is.
is an abnormality to rich people. It is very difficult to make out why people who want dinner do not ring the bell.
24. When poverty
comes in at the door, love flies out of the window.
on an old man’s back is a heavy burden.
26. Poverty parteth fellowship.
27. Poverty tries friends.
28. When poverty
comes in at the door, love flies out at the window.
is not a sufficient cause for disgrace, but poverty without resolution to help oneself, is a disgrace.
30. If rich, it is easy enough to conceal our wealth, but, if poor, it is not so easy to conceal our poverty
. We shall find it less difficult to hide a thousand guineas, than one hole in our coat.