Synonym: after, backward, retarded. Antonym: ahead, before, forward, in front of. Similar words: fall behind, leave behind, behind schedule, vehicle, behalf, behavior, behavioral, on behalf of. Meaning: [bɪ'haɪnd] n. the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on. adj. having the lower score or lagging position in a contest. adv. 1. in or to or toward the rear 2. remaining in a place or condition that has been left or departed from 3. of timepieces 4. in or into an inferior position 5. in debt.
1. The golden age is before us, not behind
2. We see not what is in the wallet behind
bad luck comes good luck.
4. If winter comes, can spring be far behind
5. Don't burn your bridges behind
6. It is the man behind
the gun that tells.
7. The devil lurks behind
every great man there's a great woman.
9. To live in the hearts of those left behind
is not to die.
10. There is something behind
the throne greater than the king him-self.
11. The face of light, shadow just behind us.
12. The sun disappeared behind heavy clouds.
13. He shrugged whimsically, his eyes crinkling behind his glasses.
14. Cookery Editor Moyra Fraser takes you behind the scenes.
15. Evans had rheumatic fever, missed school and fell behind.
16. The plane disappeared behind a cloud.
17. They will go behind this matter.
18. The door clicked shut behind him.
19. The sheep were penned in behind the barn.
20. The horse fell behind in the race.
21. Interlock your fingers behind your back.
22. The door clanged shut behind them.
23. Staff were pilfering behind the bar.
24. I heard a sharp intake of breath behind me.
25. The moon peeped out from behind the clouds.
26. I hung my coat behind the door.
27. The fans were kept back behind barricades.
28. He is a good friend that speaks well of us behind
29. When two ride on one horse, one must sit behind
30. If two men ride on a horse, one must ride behind
1. He shrugged whimsically, his eyes crinkling behind his glasses.
2. Evans had rheumatic fever, missed school and fell behind.
3. The plane disappeared behind a cloud.
4. The door clicked shut behind him.
5. The sheep were penned in behind the barn.
6. The door clanged shut behind them.
7. Staff were pilfering behind the bar.
8. I hung my coat behind the door.
9. I could hear the old man behind me wheezing.
10. They had their hands tied behind their backs.
11. Everyone is laughing at me behind my back.
12. The sun went behind a cloud.
13. The sun disappeared behind the clouds.
14. The child was shy and hid behind his mother.
15. She slammed the door and locked it behind her.
16. The clock is five minutes behind.
17. Don't forget to lock the door behind you .
18. The sun soon emerged from behind the.
19. Behind that amiable facade, he's a deeply unpleasant man.
20. He could conjure coins from behind people's ears.
21. Someone entered the room behind me.
22. The sun soon emerged from behind the clouds.
23. She closed the gate behind her.
24. Behind every mountain lies a vale.
25. There is an apple orchard behind the house.
26. There is a large store behind the shop.
27. She tucked her hair behind her ears.
28. I heard lots of footsteps behind me.
29. Who's the girl standing behind Jan?
30. He lagged behind in the race.
More similar words: fall behind, leave behind, behind schedule, vehicle, behalf, behavior, behavioral, on behalf of, kind, find, mind, chin, thin, hint, index, thing, think, Indian, find out, window, kind of, wind up, mind you, cash in, within, nothing, industry, think up, fishing, think of.