Synonym: fair, medium, middle, ordinary, passable, usual. Antonym: maximum, minimum. Similar words: on average, coverage, brokerage, all over again, rage, enrage, courage, garage. Meaning: ['ævərɪdʒ] n. a statistic describing the location of a distribution. v. 1. amount to or come to an average, without loss or gain 2. achieve or reach on average 3. compute the average of. adj. 1. approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value 2. lacking special distinction, rank, or status; commonly encountered 3. lacking exceptional quality or ability 4. around the middle of a scale of evaluation of physical measures 5. relating to or constituting the most frequent value in a distribution 6. relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values (or the average of the middle two in a set with an even number of values).
Random good picture Not show
1. The average salary is $39,000 a year.
2. The children average seven years of age.
3. The average salary is correlated with length of education.
4. Average incomes are rising more slowly.
5. What's the average snowfall for this region?
6. Peter was a very average golfer.
7. Average house prices decreased by 13% last year.
8. The technical details mean nothing to the average punter.
9. She lays a clutch of four eggs on average.
10. She has an above average IQ.
11. January's sales were slightly better than average.
12. The average of 4, 8[Sentence dictionary], and 60 is 24.
13. Average earnings are around ￡20 000 per annum.
14. An average potato has about 90 calories.
15. The average male tiger weighs around 200 kg.
16. Average earnings for unskilled workers are decreasing now.
17. The average UK coal seam is one metre thick.
18. The average age of the boys in this class is 23.
19. Private childcare is still too expensive for the average earner.
20. An average electric bill might go up $2 or $3 per month.
21. Their research shows that the average individual watches around three and a half hours of television per day.
22. My fish average 2 lb 8 oz and I've had two eight-pounders.
23. The average output of the factory is 20 cars a day.
24. The average yearly increment in labour productivity in industry was 4.5 per cent.
25. The average of the three numbers 7, 12 and 20 is 13, because the total of 7, 12 and 20 is 39, and 39 divided by 3 is 13.
26. The average weight of a baby at birth is just over seven pounds.
27. The average turnaround for a passport application is six working days.
28. I've got two bright students, but the rest are average.
29. One can extrapolate the size of the building from the measurements of an average room.
30. In the autumn of 1940 London was blitzed by an average of two hundred aircraft a night.
More similar words: on average, coverage, brokerage, all over again, rage, enrage, courage, garage, for ages, storage, suffrage, encourage, discourage, courageous, waver, over and over, discouraged, courageously, slavery, encouragement, aversion, discouragement, quavering, cavernous, overall, antislavery, several, verbiage, veracity, severance.