Synonym: receiver, recipient role. Similar words: recipe, precise, precisely, appreciation, client, lenient, patient, ancient. Meaning: [rɪ'sɪpɪənt] n. 1. a person who gets something 2. the semantic role of the animate entity that is passively involved in the happening denoted by the verb in the clause.
Random good picture Not show
1. She was not the intended recipient of the reward.
2. Dad was always the grateful recipient of her snobbery.
3. He was a recipient of the Civilian Service Award.
4. Our 1,000th member will be the lucky recipient of a mystery gift.
5. How does a donor lose and a recipient gain?
6. For a brief time she was a welfare recipient.
7. He is the perfect recipient of the custard pie.
8. With a cash transfer the recipient of government assistance would attain a welfare level as shown by.
9. That allows the recipient to visit the site by clicking on the icon instead of typing a lengthy address.
9. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
10. To be a recipient is normally to put oneself in a subordinate position.
11. The organisers hope the recipient will be the only person that doesn't remember the Wiltshire Festival.
12. Each should be designed for its recipient, but remember that other eyes may see it.
13. A chimpanzee is an easy recipient for human projections since humans can easily identify with the emotional expressions of chimpanzees.
14. Rots also increased on recipient tubers when the donors were heavily infected but were free of gangrene lesions.
15. Would the brain and the recipient body establish a harmonious relationship?
16. The reason for this is so that the recipient can see at a glance what the letter is about.
17. Is the recipient likely to be able to purchase the goods?
18. The local recipient of the most fixes, year after year, is legendary land speculator Don Diamond.
19. If no job after two years of training, recipient must work in community service or public service job.
20. Gary believes that I should be the recipient of his special knowledge and in my present state of mind I am willing.
21. The town had suffered from the worst of industrial enterprise and was now the recipient of a major twenty-million-pound clean-up.
22. It also provides that after six months, unsolicited goods are deemed to be an unconditional gift to the recipient.
23. Your article made it to a Woodson descendants list on the Internet of which I am a recipient.
24. Support for the latter appears to be ebbing, with the Green alliance the likely recipient of much of the protest vote.
25. Other questions have more to do with making the recipient feel safe than with medicine.
26. In some ways it's like serving a writ, only in this circumstance it's entirely beneficial to the recipient.
27. The comparatively large sums involved conferred on all these agencies a substantial power of patronage over recipient institutions.
28. Communications services transfer the information from the originator to the recipient.
29. This brings us to the final, and possibly the most important aspect in healing: empathy between healer and recipient.
30. So aid policies changed in favour of giving the recipient country much greater responsibility.
More similar words: recipe, precise, precisely, appreciation, client, lenient, patient, ancient, recent, nutrient, efficient, transient, scientist, recently, sufficient, ingredient, scientific, orientation, unprecedented, direct investment, pie, entertainment, piece, sentiment, a piece of, go to pieces, piece together, principle, principal, municipal.