Synonym: chief, dominant, essential, foremost, head, important, leading, main, primary, prominent. Similar words: principle, municipal, anticipate, participant, participate, participation, print, spring up. Meaning: ['prɪnsəpl] n. 1. the original amount of a debt on which interest is calculated 2. the educator who has executive authority for a school 3. an actor who plays a principal role 4. capital as contrasted with the income derived from it 5. the major party to a financial transaction at a stock exchange; buys and sells for his own account. adj. most important element.
Random good picture Not show
2. Independence Day is one of America's principal legal holidays.
3. Keys are available on application to the principal.
4. Swahili is the principal lingua franca in East Africa.
5. I must consult my principal on this matter.
6. The college principal promised to look into the matter.
7. The principal papers talked up his latest novel.
8. The principal range runs east to west.
9. Further information is available on application to the principal.
10. The principal is a very busy woman.
11. Iraq's principal export is oil.
12. Drinking is a principal cause of highway deaths.
13. Today the principal tools for prospecting the brain are electrical.
14. The principal castigate the student who have insult their teacher.
15. The Danube is one of the principal rivers of Europe.
16. The principal reason for my change of mind is this.
17. The principal shall be obliged to pay the wages to the employees.
18. They will continue Mr. Kabe as acting principal of the school.
19. The six principal roles in this opera have an average vocal range of two octaves.
20. When he saw the principal, he raised his hand in salute.
21. When he saw the principal, he raised his hand in salutation.
22. His principal reason for making the journey was to visit his family.
23. Versailles was the principal residence of the kings of France until 1793.
24. Her principal objective was international fame as a scientist.
25. The principal put up the exam result.
26. The teacher conferred with the principal about Dick's promotion.
26. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
27. The judge examined the principal witness.
28. Sometimes he reviewed for the principal papers.
29. The principal promised to root out the troublemakers.
30. We looked around the school and talked with the principal.
More similar words: principle, municipal, anticipate, participant, participate, participation, print, spring up, sprinkle, palm, pale, palace, palatial, recipe, pencil, council, incident, ancient, Palestinian, recipient, financial, renunciation, conciliatory, price, prior, prime, prize, priest, financial crisis, comprise.