Synonym: catch, hook, trap. Similar words: snarl, snap, snake, snap off, snack bar, lunar, canary, snail mail. Meaning: [sner /sneə] n. 1. something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares 2. a small drum with two heads and a snare stretched across the lower head 3. a surgical instrument consisting of wire hoop that can be drawn tight around the base of polyps or small tumors to sever them; used especially in body cavities 4. strings stretched across the lower head of a snare drum; they make a rattling sound when the drum is hit 5. a trap for birds or small mammals; often has a slip noose. v. 1. catch in or as if in a trap 2. entice and trap.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The rabbit's foot was caught in a snare.
(2) A rabbit was caught in the snare.
(3) She's hoping to snare a wealthy husband.
(4) The policemen decoyed him into a snare.
(5) She was betrayed into a snare.
(6) Her one thought was to snare a rich husband.
(7) A rabbit was caught in a snare.
(8) I used to snare small birds such as sparrows.
(9) A stand-in drummer bashes on a single snare and a pair of cymbals.
(10) I didn't want to fall into the same snare again.
(11) We used to snare small birds such as sparrows and robins.
(12) Attempts to snare even rabbits became dangerous forays.
(13) The Shumens will be taking two snare drums.
(14) His promises are a snare.
(15) When going to the C section keep the snare going.
(16) It is also a sort of high-tech snare[sentencedict.com], with State Police as hunters and hundreds of hapless cabbies their sorry prey.
(17) And it has failed to snare any major global accounts in several years.
(18) The type of snare that trapped the deer is mainly used to catch rabbits and foxes.
(19) He added that attempts were being made to snare them by hanging nets between trees.
(20) Most of all I want to snare a husband.
(21) Cripple poison is a stronger snare than hamstring.
(22) Surely he shall deliver thee the snare of the fowler, and the noisome pestilence.
(23) My favorite condenser for snare is the Sony 37 A tube condenser mic.
(24) Most of the people realized that their scheme was simply a snare and a delusion.
(25) For instance, the network has shelled out big bucks to snare Bill Cosby for a new sitcom in the fall.
(26) The electronic click startled him, as if it were the beat of a snare drum.
(27) He didn't understand that it was in four and that the snare drum was on beats two and four.
(28) Humpback whales have even been seen to weave a snare of air-bubbles - a bubble net.
(29) Now more companies issue cards and many are willing to cut rates or waive annual fees to snare each others' customers.
(30) There were 2 cases operated on using dissection secondary branches of splenic pedicle and 12 using the snare to deal with the splenic hilus.
More similar words: snarl, snap, snake, snap off, snack bar, lunar, canary, snail mail, binary, narrow, seminar, anarchy, ordinary, luminary, narrator, scenario, monarchy, narrative, stationary, narcolepsy, dictionary, missionary, functionary, preliminary, inarticulate, probationary, revolutionary, extraordinary, dictionary order.