Synonym: for the most part, mostly. Similar words: large, at large, by and large, on a large scale, a large number of, target, in charge of, take charge. Meaning: ['lɑrdʒlɪ /'lɑː-] adv. 1. in large part; mainly or chiefly 2. on a large scale.
Random good picture Not show
1. The state of Nevada is largely desert.
2. Police attempts to infiltrate neo-Nazi groups were largely unsuccessful.
3. The government largely misread the mood of the electorate.
4. This country is largely desert.
4. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
5. The discussion will be confined largely to general principles.
6. Motorways have largely superseded ordinary roads for long-distance travel.
7. The islands' economy is largely dependent upon tourism.
8. The power input will come largely from hydroelectricity.
9. Longterm forecasts were largely a matter of guesswork.
10. Bookbinding is largely a cottage industry.
11. The fund is largely financed through government borrowing.
12. These documents are largely irrelevant to the present investigation.
13. The team's success was largely due to her efforts.
14. The post of mayor is largely ceremonial .
15. His success was largely due to his diligence.
16. It is largely a matter of conjecture.
17. These sites remain largely unknown to the British public.
18. The committee largely concurred with these views.
19. Their complaints have been largely ignored.
20. Trying to please other people is largely a futile activity.
21. His attitudes have remained largely unaffected by changes in fashion.
22. Throughout history the achievements of women have been largely ignored.
23. The country'seconomic problems are largely due to the weakness of the recovery.
24. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
25. Society largely turns a blind eye to recreational drug use.
26. The case against McCarthy is based largely on circumstantial evidence.
27. The west of the city was largely unaffected by the bombing.
28. Their victory was largely a result of their brilliantly orchestrated election campaign.
29. English became the official language for business in spite of the fact that the population was largely Chinese.
30. How well off you are in old age is largely determined by race, sex, and marital status.
More similar words: large, at large, by and large, on a large scale, a large number of, target, in charge of, take charge, angel, something else, cargo, urge, margin, emerge, surgery, surgeon, forget about, discharging, emergency, rely, solar, barely, declare, collar, salary, flare up, lately, solely, safely, freely.