Synonym: charter, employ, engage, lease, let, rent, use. Similar words: third, T-shirt, two-thirds, wire, tire, direct, empire, retire. Meaning: ['haɪə(r)] n. 1. a newly hired employee 2. the act of hiring something or someone. v. 1. engage or hire for work 2. hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services 3. engage for service under a term of contract.
Random good picture Not show
(2) Boats for hire: one shilling an hour.
(3) No ordinary families can afford to hire servants.
(4) How much does it cost to hire videos?
(5) Our hire car broke down after only an hour.
(6) We should hire another secretary to lighten Barbara's workload.
(7) All hire cars are for personal use only.
(8) How much would it cost to hire a car for a fortnight?
(9) Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.
(10) They take pains to hire people whose personalities predispose them to serve customers well.
(11) The risks can be so complex that banks hire mathematicians to puzzle them out.
(12) When one buys something on hire purchase[sentencedict.com], one has to pay out each month.
(13) They have decided to hire outsiders for some of the key positions.
(14) If you don't build your dream, someone will hire you to build theirs.
(15) This suit is on hire.
(16) It would probably pay you to hire an accountant.
(17) It became increasingly expensive to hire casual workers.
(18) Your car hire costs include unlimited mileage.
(19) car hire £35 per day incl.
(20) Boats for hire 5 an hour.
(21) Do you like to hire out as a secretary?
(22) Actors may hire agents to conduct their affairs.
(23) Fishing tackle is available for hire.
(24) They booked our hotel, and organised car hire.
(25) He paid the carriage hire to the driver.
(26) We charge a flat fee for car hire.
(27) The day's hire for the car is ten dollars.
(28) Companies are moving away from outright purchase of company cars to contract hire.
(29) The best way to explore the island is to hire a car.
(30) 'Do you want me to do the job myself or hire a photographer?' 'I leave it to your discretion.
More similar words: third, T-shirt, two-thirds, wire, tire, direct, empire, retire, fire up, on fire, admire, retired, require, inspire, director, required, entirely, directly, catch fire, set fire to, retirement, requirement, inquire about, questionnaire, in all directions, direct investment.