Synonym: border, edge, leeway, rim, room. Similar words: discharging, emerging, large, target, cargo, at large, largely, mark. Meaning: ['mɑrdʒɪn /'mɑːdʒɪn] n. 1. the boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary 2. an amount beyond the minimum necessary 3. the amount of collateral a customer deposits with a broker when borrowing from the broker to buy securities 4. (finance) the net sales minus the cost of goods and services sold 5. the blank space that surrounds the text on a page 6. a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits 7. a strip near the boundary of an object.
Random good picture Not show
1. Someone had scribbled a note in the margin .
2. He is on the margin of death.
3. He is on the margin of bare subsistence.
4. Leave a generous margin on the left.
5. Pandas are on the margin of extinction.
6. He beat the other runners by a margin of ten seconds/by a wide margin.
7. The group had a net profit margin of 30% last year.
7. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
8. The schedule left no margin for error.
9. The president won the election by a razor-thin margin.
10. They could end up with a 50-point winning margin.
11. She won the presidency by a wide margin.
12. The profit margin had been artificially inflated.
13. Don't waste space by leaving a wide margin.
14. He was elected chairman by a narrow margin.
15. She won the champion by a narrow margin.
16. Start writing at the left-hand margin.
17. The margin of safety has grown thin.
18. She won by a clear margin.
19. Our profit margin is already wafer-thin.
20. He won by a narrow margin.
21. The device gives a greater margin of safety.
22. He had an 18-second margin over his nearest rival.
23. I wrote annotations in the margin of the book.
24. The survey has a margin of error of 2.1%.
25. She scribbled notes in the margin.
26. She added her comments in the margin.
27. When archaeologists date objects that are thousands of years old,[sentencedict.com] they allow a margin of error of several hundred years.
28. Each new paragraph should be indented about two centimetres from the margin.
29. He has the habit of making notes on the margin while reading.
30. She began rubbing out the pencilled marks in the margin.